2009 Cubs thread

daa84

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4th runner walked in during the inning. It must suck being a Brewers fan, besides for Gallardo, there's just horrible, horrible pitchers on the roster.

Reed Johnson with a fantastic catch to rob Fielder of a grand slam. He does an amazing job off the bench for the Cubs.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
Reed Johnson with a fantastic catch to rob Fielder of a grand slam. He does an amazing job off the bench for the Cubs.

That was a great play.

I enjoyed seeing Fielder tip his cap to Johnson after the catch. Not sure I've ever seen a hitter do that before. Classy move.

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 12, 2009 -> 10:25 PM)
That was a great play.

I enjoyed seeing Fielder tip his cap to Johnson after the catch. Not sure I've ever seen a hitter do that before. Classy move.

i remember a few years back, magglio made a sliding catch to rob jeter of a hit(at the cell) and jeter applauded him

Who calls 911 for a goat?

Also, anyone know why there is no gun for the Cubs game today? I wanted to see Jimenez with the gun, but I haven't seen a reading for either pitcher yet. Does WGN not have a gun and I'm losing my mind?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 01:15 PM)
Who calls 911 for a goat?

Also, anyone know why there is no gun for the Cubs game today? I wanted to see Jimenez with the gun, but I haven't seen a reading for either pitcher yet. Does WGN not have a gun and I'm losing my mind?

It's only been 20 years since Wrigley discovered the electric lightbulb. Give them time. It took nearly 50 years for the rest of the country to go from the electric lightbulb to effective radar systems, and it took a pretty major war to get it right too.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)
TED LILLY HAS A NO-HITTER AFTER 5 INNINGS!!!!!!!!!!

I ask this because i'm curious: what affect would Ted Lilly throwing a no hitter have on anything? Carlos Zambrano threw one last September and it really meant nothing other than being a nice achievement for him personally.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

He had a no-hitter going the day after Zambrano's last year, remember? That one was broken up late in the game. I hope COL gets a hit soon. Can you imagine the frenzy if the Cubs throw a no-hitter on their home opener?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 10:26 PM)
I ask this because i'm curious: what affect would Ted Lilly throwing a no hitter have on anything? Carlos Zambrano threw one last September and it really meant nothing other than being a nice achievement for him personally.

Nothing...doesn't mean I won't root against it happening. I love no-hitters, and will always turn a game on if a pitcher has one going into the 8th. However, not when it's the Cubs.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)
If a no hitter gets thrown, ESPN will undoubtedly find it more interesting than Dye and Konerko hitting back to back 300th homeruns.

Well yeah, of course, but that doesn't take away from the accomplishment of JD and Paulie. None of this discussion matters though, the no hitter is gone.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 13, 2009 -> 04:37 PM)
Well yeah, of course, but that doesn't take away from the accomplishment of JD and Paulie. None of this discussion matters though, the no hitter is gone.

I wasnt saying that, I was just stating where ESPN has their priorities. I think their accomplishment is absolutely amazing, back to back 300's is unreal

I wonder what we could get from the Cubs for Jenks. I really can't think of anyone i'd want from them. We don't need Vitters, Colvin, might be okay, but their system is really devoid of any talent near the top. All this is a round-about way of saying they're going to have a hell of a time filling up holes this year without giving away Vitters or even D-Lee.