2009 AL Central Thread

daa84

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 29, 2009 -> 12:00 AM)
this is going to be a fun division all summer.

Exactly, for as much as people blow the Tigers horn they and the Sox and the Twins are all 6-4 over their last 10 games. Also, the Sox and Tigers have played 22 games at home while the Twins have played 30, and guess what, the Twins are 5-14 on the road and 19-11 at home.

That's why I thought it was crazy that people were acting like the Sox had no chance this year when there was talk about the Peavy trade, they do without him, adding him to the rotation would only make it stronger...

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 29, 2009 -> 09:52 AM)
Exactly, for as much as people blow the Tigers horn they and the Sox and the Twins are all 6-4 over their last 10 games. Also, the Sox and Tigers have played 22 games at home while the Twins have played 30, and guess what, the Twins are 5-14 on the road and 19-11 at home.

That's why I thought it was crazy that people were acting like the Sox had no chance this year when there was talk about the Peavy trade, they do without him, adding him to the rotation would only make it stronger...

Tigers have yet to lose more than 3 in a row, too. You know that will change. Both the Sox and twinkies have hit rough patches. KC is hitting theirs now and the tribe seems to be emerging from one that started opening day. I think things will look different by the end of June.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 29, 2009 -> 08:20 PM)
f*** the Twins. That's all I have to say.

I wish more Sox fans had this opinion.

So far the AL Central is about as ugly as everyone predicted it would be. It's amazing to think that despite how awful the Sox have played, we're still only 4 games back in the division.

Of course, the same can be said for the Twins, who's starting pitching has been awful so far yet they are just 3.5 back. That's not going to stick around for the rest of the season, especially if Swarzak finds himself in the rotation for good after a couple of solid starts.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 30, 2009 -> 08:56 AM)

So far the AL Central is about as ugly as everyone predicted it would be. It's amazing to think that despite how awful the Sox have played, we're still only 4 games back in the division.

Of course, the same can be said for the Twins, who's starting pitching has been awful so far yet they are just 3.5 back. That's not going to stick around for the rest of the season, especially if Swarzak finds himself in the rotation for good after a couple of solid starts.

Yeah, but as I pointed out earlier they still are terrible on the road and have played 8 more home games than the Tigers and White Sox

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 30, 2009 -> 11:41 AM)
Yeah, but as I pointed out earlier they still are terrible on the road and have played 8 more home games than the Tigers and White Sox

It's not too likely that they'll win just 20% of their games on the road for the rest of the season. Obviously they aren't going to be as good as they are at home, but no one is.

Crede was hurt again.

Where's our Lirian.....oh.

Carmona keeps showing how 2007 was a fluke.

His contract: 2009: $2.75 million, 2010: $4.9 million, 2011: $6.1 million, 2012: $7 million club option, 2013: $9 million club option, 2014: $12 million club option, 2015: Free Agent

More cash burned by the genius Shapiro.

They released Soxtalk favorite David Dellucci pissing away what, $11 million?

Travis Hafner: 2009: $11.5 million, 2010: $11.5 million, 2011: $13 million, 2012: $13 million, 2013: $13 million club option w/$2.75 million buyout, 2014: Free Agent

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 30, 2009 -> 07:56 PM)

Travis Hafner: 2009: $11.5 million, 2010: $11.5 million, 2011: $13 million, 2012: $13 million, 2013: $13 million club option w/$2.75 million buyout, 2014: Free Agent

He should already hand Kenny that 2005 Executive of the Year trophy. What the hell did he do that year anyhow? Sign Millwood?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 30, 2009 -> 07:52 PM)
Crede was hurt again.

Where's our Lirian.....oh.

Carmona keeps showing how 2007 was a fluke.

His contract: 2009: $2.75 million, 2010: $4.9 million, 2011: $6.1 million, 2012: $7 million club option, 2013: $9 million club option, 2014: $12 million club option, 2015: Free Agent

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 30, 2009 -> 07:56 PM)

When fans start talking about large extentions for Sox players early in their careers, this is the big danger right here.

If some national league doesn't swoop in and grab Dellucci, I'd love to get him for Charlotte.

I've always liked Dellucci, and he'd be a good option to have down in Charlotte in case of more injuries. However, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't catch on with another MLB roster. It's not like he was doing bad this year. 11 hits in 40 some AB's.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 30, 2009 -> 08:56 AM)

I wish the Sox had this opinion. I hope when the go up to Minnesota this year they have the attitude that they are going to kick their ass, not tipping their cap to everything Twins like the last few years, and waiting for something to go wrong.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 01:21 PM)
I wish the Sox had this opinion. I hope when the go up to Minnesota this year they have the attitude that they are going to kick their ass, not tipping their cap to everything Twins like the last few years, and waiting for something to go wrong.

Not as much to tip your cap to this year. But c'mon...they are just giving credit where credit is due.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 01:28 PM)
Not as much to tip your cap to this year. But c'mon...they are just giving credit where credit is due.

They destroy the Twins in Chicago. There's no reason they can't destroy the Twins in Minneapolis. I feel the last few seasons they have lost several series there before one pitch was even throw. Convincing yourself that your opponent is so great and has such a huge advantage isn't going to do any help to your winning percentage.

Edited by Dick Allen