Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 01:52 AM)
Was watching the Ravens/Browns game. I know the Baltimore D is good. But the Browns owe me somethin'. I don't care what it is. I'll even take an apology. They have without question the most pathetic, deplorable, inept offense I've seen in some time. 5 offensive touchdowns in their last 15 games? I want those 3+ hours back.

They've averaged 70 yards passing per game for the last 4 games. 70 yards were thrown in a quarter 37 different teams in week 10 alone.

The Browns haven't had an RB run for a TD or a WR catch a TD this year, either.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 16, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
Maybe Bears should of offered a 2nd rounder for Shaun Rogers instead of Gaines Adams? Don't know Rogers contract status though.

I was thinking the same thing last night. The Bears DT depth is actually very thin (Harris=mediocre, Harrison=mediocre, Idonije=who?, Gilbert=umm...?, Adams=average). It's a huge need going into the offseason, right up there with OT, OG, FS, CB, and DE. Unfortunately, they won't spend the money nor do they have any picks to fill those spots.

It's the first such honor for Brown since 2001, when he twice won games for the Bears in walk-off fashion by returning interceptions for touchdowns.

I don't care if he only plays 10 games from now, that is still a very nice honor. Still though.. 9 games.. and no nagging injuries yet.. good sign for Brown.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
Ronnie Brown placed on injured reserve. Do they stick with the wildcat?

I'm sure they'll be just fine with Pat White. Though they better block better as he isn't as strong if they run the ball like Ronnie was. Though Carl can probably comment on that alot better than I could. Doesn't hurt though to have an actual QB/WR in college manning it though.

Edited by SoxAce

Steelers season officially over. This is the most talented Steelers team since the 70's versions, but the coaching staff is one of the worst in the league. If Tomlin has enough brains to fire the OC and special teams coordinator after today, there might still be a chance. But I'm not holding my breath.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 01:24 PM)
Steelers season officially over. This is the most talented Steelers team since the 70's versions, but the coaching staff is one of the worst in the league. If Tomlin has enough brains to fire the OC and special teams coordinator after today, there might still be a chance. But I'm not holding my breath.

Didn't they just win a Super Bowl with this staff?

Cowboys escape again in another game where the offense decided nothing would work for them today.

Roy Williams, go away & never come back please. I'd much rather have TO back. The O-line looked good today, which was a main concern of mine. Just hope it keeps up for the rest of the season. Nick Folk, you can go sit down too. It's about time for Buehler to become the sole kicker on this team.

2-1 against the NFC East, I'll take it. Oakland on Thanksgiving, hopefully it won't be a struggle. How about them Cowboys?

*raises roof for tough victories & the 1st place Cowboys*

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)

They just couldn't handle Studebaker (#96)....

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)

Yeah, they suck. They haven't won a Super Bowl in over 200 days.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 22, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
Didn't they just win a Super Bowl with this staff?

They won it solely last year on the fact they had arguably the greatest defense in NFL history.

This year the defense has taken a step back because Polomalu can't stay healthy, and the rest of the team weaknesses have come to the forefront. Very similar to the 2006 super bowl hangover.