Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 05:31 PM)
really impressed by Benson,where was that when he was with the Bears?

Taking himself out of the superbowl, thats where. This is why I hate him so much, we all knew he had it, and he had to be kicked to the curb to show it instead of just acting like a grown man and trying to earn his paycheck.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 07:47 PM)
Taking himself out of the superbowl, thats where. This is why I hate him so much, we all knew he had it, and he had to be kicked to the curb to show it instead of just acting like a grown man and trying to earn his paycheck.

+1

LMAO, I dont know who this twitter comment is attributed to, but I just saw it on sportsbybrooks.com

George W Bush is sitting by Emmitt Smith at the Cowboys/Eagles game. English is splashing cold water on its face and muttering "Man up"

Been waiting a hell of a long time to see one of those.

The pessimist in me said we'd find a way to stuff it up, but we've absolutely owned Philly all throughout the season, and it comes down to shutting down the big plays to DeSean Jackson and stopping Trent Cole as a pass rusher, and once again we did that.

Can we beat Minny next week? Right now I'd say it's a 50-50 game. I think we can definitely get a pass rush on Favre with the way Ware and Spencer are playing, but we'll need to be able to run the football, and we should have Barber fresh for next week, although I'd say Felix Jones is gonna get the majority of the carries regardless the way he's playing ATM.

Playing in the Dome shouldn't be a hindrance at all.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 11:33 PM)
Tony Romo is Mexican-American?

Yeah, the Cowboys are probably the most popular NFL team in Mexico and sports commentators love reminding everyone that Romo's grandparents are from Mexico, from the state of Sonora I believe...

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 11:40 PM)
Been waiting a hell of a long time to see one of those.

The pessimist in me said we'd find a way to stuff it up, but we've absolutely owned Philly all throughout the season, and it comes down to shutting down the big plays to DeSean Jackson and stopping Trent Cole as a pass rusher, and once again we did that.

Can we beat Minny next week? Right now I'd say it's a 50-50 game. I think we can definitely get a pass rush on Favre with the way Ware and Spencer are playing, but we'll need to be able to run the football, and we should have Barber fresh for next week, although I'd say Felix Jones is gonna get the majority of the carries regardless the way he's playing ATM.

Playing in the Dome shouldn't be a hindrance at all.

I picked Philly but the 'Boys made a believer out of me, they have a good shot at going all the way.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 10:45 PM)
I picked Philly but the 'Boys made a believer out of me, they have a good shot at going all the way.

For the love of God, please no.

Of course, I don't know who to hate worse, the Cowboys or Favre.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 11:09 PM)
Dallas was awesome tonight. Home field treats them well.

Actually, I hate to say it, but they've kicked major ass since they won @ New Orleans. They demolished them over there and haven't looked back since.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 11:48 PM)
For the love of God, please no.

Of course, I don't know who to hate worse, the Cowboys or Favre.

It's not so much that I hate Favre, I have a deep dislike for the Vikings and their annoying Metrdome (Twins) fans, on the other hand the Cowboys are the Yankees of the NFL.

I definitly think the Cowboys can beat Minny at their house.

Dear Desean Jackson, don't write checks your ass can't cash. The best defense in the NFC did their thing, the offense did theirs. I was thoroughly impressed with this team, I think they can win next week for sure (no homerism).

*raises the roof for a Cowboys playoff victory, the first since I've reached puberty*

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 09:41 AM)
Just heard on ESPN Radio that some are projecting that Tim Tebow might get drafted int he first round.

That.... is a wasted pick.

According to ESPN. If you read the article that they are reporting off of, they say "some GMs and coaches feel he will be drafted first round" and then they say Tony Dungy thinks he will go first round. Nobody on an NFL team will assign their name to that report because I am pretty sure they know he wont be a first round draftee.

If he is drafted first round, whoever drafts him better know something that nobody else knows

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
According to ESPN. If you read the article that they are reporting off of, they say "some GMs and coaches feel he will be drafted first round" and then they say Tony Dungy thinks he will go first round. Nobody on an NFL team will assign their name to that report because I am pretty sure they know he wont be a first round draftee.

If he is drafted first round, whoever drafts him better know something that nobody else knows

OR they are jacksonville and are just trying to sell some seats.