Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
Does anyone have ESPN Insider? What is this nonsense "Cutler, Marshall to reunite in CHI" that they are teasing?

I am, where are you seeing that?

Edit: Just a rumor based on the Trib article by David Haugh. Nothing much to it.

Edited by RockRaines

Along with the Jets and Bucs, the Bears are "believed" to be the third team that has expressed serious interest in free agent Plaxico Burress.

It's unclear if the "interest" is from GM Jerry Angelo or players. It's known that Jay Cutler reached out to Burress after coming from Denver. Teams are likely at least waiting to see what happens at Plax's June 15 court date.

Im sorry, Plax is trouble. I know he is damn good, but the guy is just too much trouble. Never practices, always playing hurt all week(as in playing up injuries so he doesnt have to practice), always getting into trouble off the field.

If it was me, I would pass

Edited by kyyle23

I would give PLax a one year deal. Incentives, etc...

I understand Dungy is a respected coach and all that, but I don't really care what he thinks about Cutler and our situation.

This is going to sound kind of weird, but I want the WR's to be somewhat submissive of Cutler, so that they look to him to tell them where to be, what he wants them to do etc. With someone like Plax, his personality would be much bigger on offense than Cutlers IMO.

plaxico would be a big target for cutler...his presence opens up deep for hester as they would certainly have to roll coverage to his side...The off the field stuff is concerning, but if its a 1 year deal i think you can live with it...clearly the giants did a year and a half ago...I think the football upside of adding a guy like Plax outweights the off field downside he brings....I think we are certainly super bowl contenders if we add him

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 05:48 PM)
plaxico would be a big target for cutler...his presence opens up deep for hester as they would certainly have to roll coverage to his side...The off the field stuff is concerning, but if its a 1 year deal i think you can live with it...clearly the giants did a year and a half ago...I think the football upside of adding a guy like Plax outweights the off field downside he brings...=

On the other hand, I'm not quite certain that the Giants weren't totally beaten up when they lost him last year. They looked like world-beaters, on both defense and offense, until he shot himself. After that they looked particularly ordinary on offense. Some of that was injuries, but every team they were facing had injuries too. They really lost a spark when they lost him.

The Bears have already hit a homerun with this offseason. Getting Plax for one years, sans trial, would be a Grand Slam. It's a move Angelo shouldn't hesitate to make. Winning makes chemistry, and it's not like Plax shot someone other then himself in the leg.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 10:44 PM)
ESPN is reporting that Favre had surgery on his shoulder in preparation to play this season.

Sources: Favre given deadline by coach

Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress has imposed a deadline of this week for Brett Favre to decide whether he will be the team's quarterback for the upcoming season, according to two sources.

Favre, however, is apparently reluctant to commit to playing a 19th NFL season without first being more confident the arthroscopic surgery performed recently on his throwing shoulder has succeeded in eliminating all of the problems related to a torn biceps tendon.

It would seem reasonable that both Favre and the Vikings want to know his shoulder is healthy before reaching an agreement, and the team is virtually certain to insist on seeing the 39-year-old quarterback throw before any contract is signed. Minnesota has four organized team activity sessions this week, beginning Tuesday.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 09:06 PM)
The Bears have already hit a homerun with this offseason. Getting Plax for one years, sans trial, would be a Grand Slam. It's a move Angelo shouldn't hesitate to make. Winning makes chemistry, and it's not like Plax shot someone other then himself in the leg.

Yet.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 07:28 AM)
I just wish everyone would stop this Favre soap opera and he'd sign with the Vikings already. You know it's going to happen anyways.

Its not everyone. Its Favre, and only Favre. And the teams that want him enable this behavior every damn time

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 05:49 AM)
Its not everyone. Its Favre, and only Favre. And the teams that want him enable this behavior every damn time

If teams are still willing to go after a guy who shot himself at a club with the gun he had stuffed in to his sweat pants, then they're still going to go after a Prima Donna like Favre if he can play better than what they currently have.