Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 09:37 PM)
He shot himself and felt the need to carry an illegal gun in the first place....I think that defines "thug"

Marshall constantly beats his girlfriend and has cops always visiting his house. He has also had constant run ins with the law. He's far more the thug than Plaxico. I'm not saying Plaxico is amazing.

The funny thing is there is TO who everyone b****es about yet he doesn't do anything wrong off the field. Such bulls*** TO gets so much hate.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
Marshall constantly beats his girlfriend and has cops always visiting his house. He has also had constant run ins with the law. He's far more the thug than Plaxico. I'm not saying Plaxico is amazing.

The funny thing is there is TO who everyone b****es about yet he doesn't do anything wrong off the field. Such bulls*** TO gets so much hate.

To be fair on Marshall, it seemed that relationship was just a complete mess and they both were hitting each other and what not. I dont really feel bad for the woman though she kept coming back, if it was that bad after the first time or atmost the 2nd time she should of got the f*** out and stayed out.

I don't care if the women kept coming back. That makes her incredibly stupid but that doesn't mean she deserves to get beaten. And if she hits him, than marshall should walk the f*** away and never talk to her again. Yes, it really is that simple.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)
I don't care if the women kept coming back. That makes her incredibly stupid but that doesn't mean she deserves to get beaten. And if she hits him, than marshall should walk the f*** away and never talk to her again. Yes, it really is that simple.

I'm not saying it was right, I'm saying the abuse seemingly went both ways, and I don't really feel any sympathy for the lady when she goes on ESPN outside the lines and says how horrible it was and whatnot when she repeatedly went back into an abusive relationship. The reason TO gets all the flack though is because while Plax/Marshall have a lot of, off the field distractions. TO on the other hand has on the field distractions and that is more dangerous for a team to deal with.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 06:00 AM)

No but it's in the Locker Room and the sidelines where TO does all of his damage.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)

TO gets hate because he messes up the team ON THE FIELD and in the locker room, regardless of what those other players do off the field, they are gamers and pretty good teammates on the field.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 10:19 AM)
TO gets hate because he messes up the team ON THE FIELD and in the locker room, regardless of what those other players do off the field, they are gamers and pretty good teammates on the field.

I will say he got too much flack in Dallas. He fully supported his teammates, but one of them in particular did not and that was Romo. Sure, Witten and Garrett wanted to get Witten the ball more, Witten didn't take the Owens thing personal, Romo never back Owens at all though. He never backed him which is why Owens became pissed.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
I will say he got too much flack in Dallas. He fully supported his teammates, but one of them in particular did not and that was Romo. Sure, Witten and Garrett wanted to get Witten the ball more, Witten didn't take the Owens thing personal, Romo never back Owens at all though. He never backed him which is why Owens became pissed.

What a difference a year makes... (even if this was fake, at least he tried to act like he liked Romo)

terrell_owens_crying-thumb-298x298-1502.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 05:58 PM)
What a difference a year makes... (even if this was fake, at least he tried to act like he liked Romo)

terrell_owens_crying-thumb-298x298-1502.

He actually liked Romo a lot. I at first thought those tears were a joke or something, but TO was a huge backer of Romo. Romo didn't return the favor though.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 12:47 AM)
The point being was that he wasnt just slapped on the ass and told to go back to Cleveland..

Either way, the dude he hit was J walking which im sure was part of this lightened load.. also, I agree with that family just wanting to money.

It doesn't make it easier for the family (other than the money, which only helps so much), and it's not impossible to avoid a jaywalker, but seriously, in a major city on, what I imagine (though I do not recall the street nor how busy it is) is a busy street, jaywalking is a big deal. Had Stallworth been sober, nothing would have come of this; you would have heard he ran into and killed a man jaywalking, found he was sober and the accident was unavoidable, and he is still getting a fat contract. And, to be quite frank, a .12 is, give or take, 2-3 more beers over what you should drink while still being legal to drive. And, one further point, you can feel pretty f***ing sober at .12. I have had 10 beers in a matter of 2-3 hours, felt about how I did when I started (other than a bit more social) and not realized I had drank 10 beers simply because I didn't really notice it.

Not that I condone what Stallworth did - the absolute only time I drive after I have drank anything is 1-2 beers or a bit after I wake up (anywhere from noon to 3) when I need to be somewhere ASAP and it is a short distance (and that is wrong too) - but he is going to get a bad reputation for a mistake I'd say 99% of Americans who drink have made in their lives, and I'd say more than 50% make on a regular basis.

I personally would say that, with all the other consequences, other than the 30 days in jail, that Stallworth has been treated almost a bit harsh.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 11:41 AM)
Goodell leaning towards indefinite suspensions for Vick, Burress. May be willing to act on suspending Plaxico before prosecutors get their acts together.

Do not understand that at all. Vick served his time in jail and effectively an NFL ban for 2 years, I think thats about enough. And Burress was alredy suspended/cut by the Giants

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
If I was more of a jackass, I'd so be going over to TalkBears and posting a thread titled "Pace suspended 4 games for PED's".

Jets LB Calvin Pace, not the one the Bears just signed.

I have been hearing rumors lately about Wake Forest football and PED's. Will be interesting to watch Aaron Curry's results over the next few years.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
I have been hearing rumors lately about Wake Forest football and PED's. Will be interesting to watch Aaron Curry's results over the next few years.

Wouldn't surprise me if Wake Forest had PED stuff going on. You don't just take a bunch of 2 star prospects and turn them into gold without some sort of artificial help IMO.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 03:00 PM)
Do not understand that at all. Vick served his time in jail and effectively an NFL ban for 2 years, I think thats about enough. And Burress was alredy suspended/cut by the Giants

Goodell takes himself too seriously.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 01:01 AM)
Angelo can't be banking on going into the season with Basanez and Hanie as Cutler's backups... can he?

If Cutler gets hurt, you're screwed anyways. Same can be said for just about any other team and their starting quarterback, especially among teams with above average QB's. The backup QB position is the most overrated in football. Yeah you get a Tom Brady 2001 situation once in a blue moon, but that's about it.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 01:11 AM)
If Cutler gets hurt, you're screwed anyways. Same can be said for just about any other team and their starting quarterback, especially among teams with above average QB's. The backup QB position is the most overrated in football. Yeah you get a Tom Brady 2001 situation once in a blue moon, but that's about it.

are you saying Caleb Hanie isnt a 2001 Tom Brady!? well we just wont know until that situation comes up, ill keep my hopes up

If Cutler goes down for a long period of time, I'd rather see what Caleb Hanie could do rather than some washed up, over the hill vet who has no business being on the football field. Notable example: John Kitna being the backup in Dallas this upcoming year.

Edited by BearSox