Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 12:48 PM)
If Cutler goes down for a long period of time, I'd rather see what Caleb Hanie could do rather than some washed up, over the hill vet who has no business being on the football field. Notable example: John Kitna being the backup in Dallas this upcoming year.

That's nuts. The Bears have legitimate Super Bowl aspirations this year. They shouldn't hedge that bet on Caleb Hanie.

Did Jeff Garcia sign with the Raiders yet?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
A vet back-up can be very valuable to a team the caliber of the Bears. Byron Leftwich saved the Steelers butts a few times last year when Ben got hurt.

Yep look at Brad Johnson last season for the Cowboys for instance.

Also Romo broke up with Jessica Simpson today. Dallas Cowboys fans around the world are probably rejoicing at this.

QUOTE (dbaho @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 12:37 AM)
Yep look at Brad Johnson last season for the Cowboys for instance.

Also Romo broke up with Jessica Simpson today. Dallas Cowboys fans around the world are probably rejoicing at this.

Romo rejoiced by sipping drinks and hitting on new girls along some poolside

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 08:43 AM)
Griese was released by TB.

He knows the Bears' system and would be a better backup than Hanie.

Without knowing how Hanie has progressed (Seriously, the backup QB slot is something you can only guess at a lot of times, the team has to evaluate them based on practices and preseason games), signing Griese wouldn't be a bad move at all. Although the Bears may not have the roster spot open for another QB.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
Its not like he is wrong...IMO

I guess we will see what happens when Cutler gets behind center. I am thinking he is going to make a few of the WRs much better,

I like it, it can be bulletin board material

Oh I don't doubt Cutler is going to make the WR look much better than they really are but if you think he is going to help them run their patterns better... you're dreamin......However don't get me wrong here. I hope he does make them into Pro Bowlers.. I just doubt it.

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
What team doesn't have holes? (maybe NE) Green Bay has wr's, but they have more question marks than the bears.

Their running game is a huge question mark to me. I'm not a fan of Ryan Grant at all, and they've lost some solid o-linemen over the years. Not to mention they just switched to a 3-4 defense.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
Oh I don't doubt Cutler is going to make the WR look much better than they really are but if you think he is going to help them run their patterns better... you're dreamin......However don't get me wrong here. I hope he does make them into Pro Bowlers.. I just doubt it.

At the same time, you can run good patterns, but if your QB can't get you the ball where it's supposed to be, you aren't going to catch it. Earl Bennett is also a 2nd year player now, and played with Cutler in college. He could blossom.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
What team doesn't have holes? (maybe NE) Green Bay has wr's, but they have more question marks than the bears.

New England has holes too. Their running game has some depth, but there is not one good player amongst that entire group I would take over a ton of NFL running backs. They do throw the ball a lot, and anyone of their receivers or even Brady could suffer another injury. They may not have holes, but they may not have depth either.

They are still very good though.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 01:53 AM)
Their running game is a huge question mark to me. I'm not a fan of Ryan Grant at all, and they've lost some solid o-linemen over the years. Not to mention they just switched to a 3-4 defense.

The switch to a 3-4 is huge. Kampman could very well struggle quite a bit switching from the 4-3 to a 3-4.