Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 12:16 AM)
3rd and 1....run the damn ball...i dont care if you have cutler

QUOTE (rangercal @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 03:09 AM)
Is that you John Shoop? And by run the ball, do you mean up the middle?

:D

But running the ball is our identity, yo!

Never mind that a short, underneath pass to a TE in that situation is an extremely high percentage play. We GOTTA run the ball in that situation or else it just ain't Bears football!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 03:54 AM)
Wow... :blink:

Dvoracek out for the year again.. Torn ACL in the right knee Talk about not catching a break. (serious injury prone player)

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 04:19 AM)
He's going to be gone; I can just feel it at this point.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AoJd...p&type=lgns

Yup. :(

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 03:43 PM)
I think picking Cassel one round after Rodgers was an epic fail.

Well the reason why I did that is because usually QB's will give you the most points on a given night, especially in ESPN fantasy leagues. His fantasy weight was more than the next available player, and I can play two QB's at the same time. I got Edwards as insurance just in case Cassel was done, and Culpepper as a 3rd stringer if needed. Culpepper may put up big numbers with Calvin Johnson IMHO, but if Stafford becomes the starter or if someone's on the scrapheap, I'll drop Culpepper in a minute.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 08:26 PM)
Stafford's probably starting.

They're still battling it out. Last I heard, Culpepper had an even chance.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 31, 2009 -> 08:26 PM)
Tim Hightower's gonna be a sleeper back this year.

Agreed. I think he'll be great this year, but I expect a dropoff towards the end of the year when Beanie Wells should get more reps.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 11:33 AM)

I was watching the game last night when it happened, and it pisses me off. I mean, it's the f***ing preseason, and Favre is making blindside chop-blocks like that? Go f*** yourself, Favre, you 40 year old b****. Stay retired. I'm not a Texans fan or anything, but that's bush league.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 11:24 PM)
I was watching the game last night when it happened, and it pisses me off. I mean, it's the f***ing preseason, and Favre is making blindside chop-blocks like that? Go f*** yourself, Favre, you 40 year old b****. Stay retired. I'm not a Texans fan or anything, but that's bush league.

Oh please, I wonder how many times Favre has been split out wide and asked to block like that.

There is ZERO chance that Favre did that with the intentions of hurting Wilson.

QUOTE (T R U @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 12:01 AM)
Oh please, I wonder how many times Favre has been split out wide and asked to block like that.

There is ZERO chance that Favre did that with the intentions of hurting Wilson.

I don't think he purposely intended to hurt him, but he did mean to throw a chopblock, which always has a high chance of hurting a player. That's why that type of block is illegal. So don't tell me he's innocent. If you throw a chopblock, you know the territory that goes with it. It's the preseason! There's no need for doing something illegal that could hurt another player. If it were a regular season game, I could understand it more b/c he's doing anything it takes to win. But this game didn't matter, so why go low on a guy on his blindside?

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 12:19 AM)
I don't think he purposely intended to hurt him, but he did mean to throw a chopblock, which always has a high chance of hurting a player. That's why that type of block is illegal. So don't tell me he's innocent. If you throw a chopblock, you know the territory that goes with it. It's the preseason! There's no need for doing something illegal that could hurt another player. If it were a regular season game, I could understand it more b/c he's doing anything it takes to win. But this game didn't matter, so why go low on a guy on his blindside?

dude, the only time QBs ever block is going low like that.. In the middle of the play going through his head was prolly not "Im gonna chop block this guy"

Im not saying hes innocent, just saying that he didn't mean to hurt him and he prolly wasn't intent on doing a chop block. Its just the nature of the type of block hes use to adding in the fact he was split out like a WR. Either way, im not arguing that it wasn't wrong he was just put in a bad situation.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 01:19 AM)

I'm still not even sure what a chop block is. Shows how much I know about football I guess.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 09:42 AM)
I think the league copying this wildcat offense is hilarious. What good does it do you to have Brett f***ing Favre split out wide as a blocker? In the pre-season no less?

It will be hilarious when "Chilly" has to watch his 39 year old QB go on the IR because he gets mowed over by a massive linebacker blocking for AP

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 03:09 AM)
I'm still not even sure what a chop block is. Shows how much I know about football I guess.

Blindside hit to the knees

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 10:25 AM)
It will be hilarious when "Chilly" has to watch his 39 year old QB go on the IR because he gets mowed over by a massive linebacker blocking for AP

Looks like the wildcat trend is spreading, and I could only imagine Ray Lewis licks his chops everytime he sees a QB or WR in a place they're not supposed to be. If people run it a lot against the Ravens I'm predicting one or two highlight reel destructions by Ray Ray

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 11:30 AM)
Looks like the wildcat trend is spreading, and I could only imagine Ray Lewis licks his chops everytime he sees a QB or WR in a place they're not supposed to be. If people run it a lot against the Ravens I'm predicting one or two highlight reel destructions by Ray Ray

As do I. I think the Wildcat will die out rather quickly once guys like Ray Lewis or LaRon Landry injure their star QB spreading out wide.