Uniform Change...

Cali

So we all know the Sox have changed uniforms once of twice in their history, the current uniform (sans a few minor changes over the years) has remained the same for almost 20 years. Can you foresee them changing them any time soon?

If they were to change them, some variation on the 1917-ish era uniforms would be pretty sweet I think... Minus the pinstripe hat, that would be a bit ridiculous haha

QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 04:51 PM)
So we all know the Sox have changed uniforms once of twice in their history, the current uniform (sans a few minor changes over the years) has remained the same for almost 20 years. Can you foresee them changing them any time soon?

If they were to change them, some variation on the 1917-ish era uniforms would be pretty sweet I think... Minus the pinstripe hat, that would be a bit ridiculous haha

I hope not! I like what we have. Perhaps maybe new away uniforms couldn't hurt.

QUOTE (WinningUgly85 @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 04:52 PM)
I hope not! I like what we have. Perhaps maybe new away uniforms couldn't hurt.

Couldn't agree more. The road uniforms are fine but if they changed them a little here or there, it would not bother me. If they messed with the home uniforms, however, someone would have some answering to do. They had so many stinkers for a long stretch and got it just right when the new park opened up.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)
I'd like to see the sleeveless home jerseys back at some point.

I agree that those are nice. I also don't mind seeing the retro uniforms every once in a while... even the ugly ones from the '80s.

But I'd hate to see the home unis changed. They're spiff.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Apr 23, 2009 -> 04:34 PM)
I agree that those are nice. I also don't mind seeing the retro uniforms every once in a while... even the ugly ones from the '80s.

But I'd hate to see the home unis changed. They're spiff.

80's retro uniforms for these guys would sell great.

My favorite Sox uniform is the black one. I think it's very sharp and I like how the white sox logo, number, and lettering contrast with the black background. Also, I don't know if I'm the only one, but I love that white cuff on the black jersey.

I think we're all lucky that we have a team with such a cool logo that looks like a wicked awesome tribal tattoo, and awesome jerseys thanks to the sharpest color scheme (black/white/grey) in the major leagues. :)

I think we have the coolest uniforms in baseball--I have 'em all. In fact, picked up a 1960 Fox "away" Jersey this season on opening day. Awesome.

That's the thing, if you have the current ones, you can always buy classic jerseys to mix it up a bit.

But if it ain't broke...

As for sleeveless home jerseys, who said they went away? I have one, with Buehrle's name on it. From two years ago.

Edited by LVSoxFan