Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 21, 2009 -> 09:59 AM)
Kalapse was on to this immediately, he gets the credit here(besides KONA).

He completely doubted the validity of it as soon as he saw it, but he had the link up to us in chat when the MLB.com rumor was a page and a half

Pft, I linked Kalapse with the pure spectulation/

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 21, 2009 -> 10:01 AM)
Hampton knows nothing about baseball on the SCORE. I should have expected this from a football guy, but he just said, Peavy didn't look good when he saw him pitch and thinks Peavy isn't that good. Has he looked at this guy's stats? And he's ONLY 27!!!

consider the source.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2009 -> 10:00 AM)
Yep, the whole PTBNL scares me. If you think about it, the Padres desperately need a middle infielder. I wouldn't lose a second of sleep if it's JorDanks in the trade, and really wouldn't mind selling high on Flowers.

Maybe Getz? But if he was part of it, he probably wouldn't be listed as a PTBNL.

Who are some MI prospects we have besides Beckham? Does Retherford count? What about Kuhn? He seems like a very Getz like player from what I've read.

On the Ozzie thing, I have to say that overall, I think Ozzie treats his pitchers pretty well. Its the position players he is harder on. I was worried when the hired Ozzie about his pitcher handling, but in general, I think he's adjusted to that fairly well (probably with a lot of help from Cooper).

QUOTE (fathom @ May 21, 2009 -> 10:00 AM)
Yep, the whole PTBNL scares me. If you think about it, the Padres desperately need a middle infielder. I wouldn't lose a second of sleep if it's JorDanks in the trade, and really wouldn't mind selling high on Flowers.

Right, Im hoping someone like Getz or Nix could fill that void for them. If they include Alexei, I am hoping the Pad's assume some of Jake's salary. Right now Poreda and Richard is better than any package they are going to be offered mid season anyway, just add some lower level fodder and lets do this.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 21, 2009 -> 10:02 AM)
Maybe Getz? But if he was part of it, he probably wouldn't be listed as a PTBNL.

Who are some MI prospects we have besides Beckham? Does Retherford count? What about Kuhn? He seems like a very Getz like player from what I've read.

Escobar, Morel, Gilmore....

Edit: Actually, I remember reading about Gilmore after the Vazquez trade and he reminded me a lot of Vitters.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

CJ is a good player and has been playing well.

Appartently Peavy called Linebrink last night and received nothing but good feedback from him about our team.

They have little, almost zero trade value, unfortunately. Much more valuable to the Sox than other teams. Teams don't usually trade for prospects with underwhelming tools.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Sockin @ May 21, 2009 -> 10:03 AM)
ESPN reporting Peavy called Linebrink to ask him what it's like in Chicago, Peavy said he received strong feedback.

That's very good news - that he would call at all is a good sign, but Linebrink saying good things also helps. If this is true.

Hopefully he gets good reviews from Gooch, Mack and/or others as well.

QUOTE (Sockin @ May 21, 2009 -> 03:03 PM)
ESPN reporting Peavy called Linebrink to ask him what it's like in Chicago, Peavy said he received strong feedback.

That's good to hear. Linebrink is very conservative, and if he can stand Ozzie, then Peavy should be able to also. I think it's funny that Peavy would have even considered Ozzie to be difficult to play with, as he's nothing but great with veterans.