Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
No way. I've been telling friends of mine about my pet penguin and working monkeys ideas for years. Never gonna happen, but one can dream.

I've had similar fantasies and ATM am working on solving "X" in this particular equation:

Team of monkeys capable of training other monkeys automatically + more monkeys + X = $20M dollars for me

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 21, 2009 -> 03:41 PM)
ESPNNews just promo-ed the fact they will talk about other trades the White Sox may make if the Peavy trade goes through.....should be an interesting discussion after the commercial break.

It wasn't very interesting.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
yup, he thinks the option will do it

Having Linebrink on this team is huge. Linebrink and Peavy spoke on the phone last night and Linebrink was raving about how great playing in Chicago is and how great of a manager Ozzie is.

Peter Gammons seems pretty optimistic about this. Is this 2004 all over again? Remember how Kenny shocked us all by swooping in under the radar and snagging Freddy Garcia?

Buerhle, Peavy, Danks, Floyd, Colon- You can put it on the boooooard Yes!

Just say YES JAKEY!

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 21, 2009 -> 05:41 PM)
ESPNNews just promo-ed the fact they will talk about other trades the White Sox may make if the Peavy trade goes through.....should be an interesting discussion after the commercial break.

Nothing new. Basically that no matter what, KW is open for business. Thome, Dye, Dotel would be the 1st to go in a firesale. Danks and Quentin aren't going anywhere, and Burls probably isn't either.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:41 PM)
You know in Jake Peavy's funded Jurassic Park I’m sure they'd try to incorporate T-Rex's as servers. That would a poor idea not only are their arms preposterously small, but they'd kill everyone.
...OR WOULD THEY?!?!. (Scroll down a bit to "T. rex: Scavenger or Predator?")

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ May 21, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
Best part is if someone is coming home and looking for updates, they have to read all this other banter.

cry me a freakin river...this is a message board...you want updates get on twitter

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 21, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
I've had similar fantasies and ATM am working on solving "X" in this particular equation:

Team of monkeys capable of training other monkeys automatically + more monkeys + X = $20M dollars for me

I want in!!!

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
20-0
That's absolutely disgusting. Hopefully the Sox are getting pissed off, because I know I would be, if a team kept pouring it on even after a game was obviously over.

QUOTE (almagest @ May 21, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)
That's absolutely disgusting. Hopefully the Sox are getting pissed off, because I know I would be, if a team kept pouring it on even after a game was obviously over.

What are they supposed to do, stop trying? When Broadway and Gobble come in, runs usually follow in bunches.