Game Thread: Pit @ CWS at 1:05 CDT on CSN

shipps

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:23 PM)
MWAHAHAHAHAH.

Even if we lose I'm still more upset with the offense. Three runs off that scrub Karstens is an embarrassment to the history of White Sox baseball. No exaggeration in that statement, either.

We cant expect these guys to be a good offense anymore. We used to rely on the longball, this year we dont even have that as much.

When we face a bad pitcher, I expect nothing to be a given now one way or the other.

Edited by Princess Dye

Fields has the range of a fireplug that has been sprayed by dry ice jets for 24 hours.

Jesus.

You could just see it coming...one of those games where Jenks completely implodes.

And then we have to face Santana, Saunders and Weaver...of course, and the Tigers lost, so we had a chance to actually get within hailing distance of .500

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
You could just see it coming...one of those games where Jenks completely implodes.

Huh? Bobby got two quick outs. How could you see that coming?

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:25 PM)
Maybe Linebrink should have closed this one today since Bobby forgot that he had a curveball.

I could understand if the conditions are poor, there is a runner at 3rd base, and Jenks has a problem with the curveball - but the first two options (atleast) weren't a factor. Even if it's the third, when has it ever stopped him before?

QUOTE (Brian @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
Huh? Bobby got two quick outs. How could you see that coming?

Because when he gives up the tying run, he almost always gives up another run and the loss.

It's the same as when he's in the game with a 4-5 run lead.

It's going to be tough for this team to ever get back to .500 unless it happens June 1st though the 11th.

We're likely to go 3-4 or 2-5 on this roadtrip.

This team just doesn't have it this year...they have no identity.

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)
Worst loss of the year....

At least I can say that I was at the worst loss in White Sox history.

Not even that upset after Thursday or today...all the illusions of having a really good team in 2009 are pretty much gone by now.