Game Thread: Pit @ CWS at 1:05 CDT on CSN

shipps

Boy that's frustrating. Really getting tired of some Sox fans pump up everything AJ does. He isn't that good defensively, isn't that good handling pitchers, isn't that good on the basepaths, and isn't that smart of a hitter. What is he doing batting 5th?

Well, tough few games coming up. Still trying to decide if I want to go to the games next weekend.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
Well, we went back to reality. Now, we are on the west coast vs. good pitching. That usually equals a lot of L's.

It wouldn't be a surprised if Greinke ends up with more individual victories against us this year than we have in the entire season against the Royals.

He's going to get at least 4 or 5.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)
Boy that's frustrating. Really getting tired of some Sox fans pump up everything AJ does. He isn't that good defensively, isn't that good handling pitchers, isn't that good on the basepaths, and isn't that smart of a hitter. What is he doing batting 5th?

Well, tough few games coming up. Still trying to decide if I want to go to the games next weekend.

Should this ship keep heading south I would love to see AJ gone by the deadline. He's been the most overrated player on this team for awhile.

Edited by WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)
Even your analogies are strange.

Apparently you didn't have time to see the new Terminator movie.

What's not strange is losing the game in this fashion. Very normal, to the point where there's no real anger left.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:34 PM)

Speaking of Pierzynski, how much longer does he have to be our C? He doesn't do anything well anymore. Not selective at all at bat, very streaky hitter, is labeled as a good base runner but more than likely is just lucky a lot of the times, plays lazy D, has no arm, and I'm not even so sure how much of the game he actually calls (I think most of it comes from the dugout).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 24, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
Apparently you didn't have time to see the new Terminator movie.

What's not strange is losing the game in this fashion. Very normal, to the point where there's no real anger left.

Jesus Christ dude, just stop talking already.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 24, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
I'm not even so sure how much of the game he actually calls (I think most of it comes from the dugout).

If that's the case somebody should be held accountable for Bobby just pumping fastball after fastball up there in the 9th...

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)
Should this ship keep heading south I would love to see AJ gone by the deadline. He's been the most overrated player on this team for awhile.

Agreed. Hopefully he can start hitting to the point where he might regain some value. Any playoff contenders need a C? I guess that might be more of a thing if said team loses a catcher at some point within the next month or so.

When is Posada suppossed to come back? Hell, even when Posada comes back, they could use another C. So, maybe the Yankees could be a team interested in him.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
Jesus Christ dude, just stop talking already.

Not even close to a key plot point, dude. They try to do that in every single Terminator movie...either melting or freezing, doesn't work.

Edited by caulfield12

oh well -- we just won two series back to back. Who knows what's going to happen in LA and KC. Maybe they'll surprise even themselves.

hats off to Mark for bending but not breaking today. Gutsy effort. Nice D behind him. There are positives in this one to be sure. Plus we don't lose any ground to detoilet.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
Not even close to a key plot point, dude. They try to do that in every single Terminator movie...either melting or freezing, doesn't work.

When everyone is frustrated and pissed off because of this game why do you poke and prod to annoy even more?

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:37 PM)

And when he leaves this team, a lot of people will realize how undervalued he was.

It sucks to come home and see this. Makes a 4-2 homestand feel almost disappointing. What ever happened to in a one run game, making the opponent do damage to the opposite field instead of laying it in there for them to hammer? Oh well, the Pirates terrible hitting this series masked how awful our hitting was.

Bobby threw one pitch that inning that was not a fastball and that was his slider. Seriously, even the Pirates can hit fastballs if you give them 13 straight fastballs.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 24, 2009 -> 03:51 PM)
Only because we have no one to replace him with.

Otherwise, he stinks.

He was in the top 6 in catchers in OPS in 2008 a typical season for him. He calls a good game, and the guy who doesn't ever shake off catchers, Mark Buerhle, is far and away the White Sox best performer on the mound since AJP has been a White Sox. He doesn't throw well, but nobody is going to throw out most of the basestealers against the White Sox. Floyd and Contreras do not hold guys on.

Before him, we had to deal with guys like Ben Davis, Brook Fordyce, a 100 year old Sandy Alomar Jr., Mark Johnson. AJP has been a godsend. Its too bad a lot of people don't recognize that. Get rid of him and the Sox will spend the next 5 years looking for someone to take his place unless Flowers suddenly shows he can stop a ball. He is getting older, and he's close to the point a lot of catchers lose it. Trading him would be silly.

Its yet another example of be careful what you wish for. Josh Fields all of a sudden doesn't look better than Joe Crede. He suddenly doesn't look better than Juan Uribe.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 24, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
He was in the top 6 in catchers in OPS in 2008 a typical season for him. He calls a good game, and the guy who doesn't ever shake off catchers, Mark Buerhle, is far and away the White Sox best performer on the mound since AJP has been a White Sox. He doesn't throw well, but nobody is going to throw out most of the basestealers against the White Sox. Floyd and Contreras do not hold guys on.

Before him, we had to deal with guys like Ben Davis, Brook Fordyce, a 100 year old Sandy Alomar Jr., Mark Johnson. AJP has been a godsend. Its too bad a lot of people don't recognize that. Get rid of him and the Sox will spend the next 5 years looking for someone to take his place unless Flowers suddenly shows he can stop a ball.

Its yet another example of be careful what you wish for. Josh Fields all of a sudden doesn't look better than Joe Crede. He suddenly doesn't look better than Juan Uribe.

Great post. I think AJP is slightly overrated, but compared to what else we have, he's a lot better. Some people on here beg for Donald Lucy, and he's hitting .230 with no power in AAA.

Great post. I think AJP is slightly overrated, but compared to what else we have, he's a lot better. Some people on here beg for Donald Lucy, and he's hitting .230 with no power in AAA.

I don't want AJ gone just yet, but Harrelson's bias for him really gets under my skin. For every trick out the catcher and run to first play, there's about 100 popup on the first pitch right after the pitcher walks a guy at-bats.