Beckham Promoted to AAA

Chisoxfn

I know its minor league related, but its big news and first released at Soxtalk.com, but White Sox top prospect Gordon Beckham has been promoted to AAA Charlotte. Beckham might even be playing in tonights game, which will be broadcasted on MILB.com.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:41 PM)
I know its minor league related, but its big news and first released at Soxtalk.com, but White Sox top prospect Gordon Beckham has been promoted to AAA Charlotte. Beckham might even be playing in tonights game, which will be broadcasted on MILB.com.

Beat you to it. :D

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:46 PM)
Wow, I didn't think he'd ever play for Charlotte. I just assumed he'd jump right to the pros when his time came.

I actually hoped that he would avoid being tainted at Charlotte

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:46 PM)
Wow, I didn't think he'd ever play for Charlotte. I just assumed he'd jump right to the pros when his time came.

Perhaps we plan on just holding him there for a week or so until we find out what to do with Fields.

Like it or not, Charlotte is a Sox affiliate and they need to find a way to turn it into a better environment. Hopefully Beck's is just the first of guys to go there who has a better history of winning and more talent. I don't expect him to be in Charlotte for long and my guess is by early June Beckham is playing in Chicago.

They'll have him see some more breaking pitches and than bam, he'll be at the cell.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 27, 2009 -> 04:52 PM)
I think next weekend is the ETA

^^^^

I predict Beckham will make his MLB debut on June 5th @ home vs Detroit and never look back. . .

I also predict Fields/Poreda will be used as a centerpiece to a deal to land a top of the rotation pitcher. Guys like Oswalt, Haren and Cain have been mentioned on this board.

Its a great time to be a Sox fan! Lets pull off a sweep tonight! :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox1: :bringit

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
I also predict Fields/Poreda will be used as a centerpiece to a deal to land a top of the rotation pitcher. Guys like Oswalt, Haren and Cain have been mentioned on this board.

And what the hell does that have to do with anything?

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:19 PM)
And what the hell does that have to do with anything?

well, the first part of his quote was "I also predict Fields/Poreda will be used as a centerpiece to a deal to land a top of the rotation pitcher", so I guess it has everything to with with anything.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)
well, the first part of his quote was "I also predict Fields/Poreda will be used as a centerpiece to a deal to land a top of the rotation pitcher", so I guess it has everything to with with anything.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 27, 2009 -> 05:21 PM)
It has to do with his first sentence, which has to do with Beckham's potential promotion to Chicago. seemed pretty clear to me.

I'm glad i was clear, thanks guys :)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
Are they actually moving him to 3B? Is that official, or just speculation?

I think it's speculation, but really there's no other good reason to move him to Charlotte. It's a team that it doesn't matter if he plays 2-3 games each at SS, 3B, and 2B every week. Now, if he plays exclusively at 3B, then Josh Fields better get cracking.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
Are they actually moving him to 3B? Is that official, or just speculation?

I don't know if it is official, but after watching Nix and Ramirez play defense last night and with their hitting coming around, Fields might be the weakest link. Third base may be the best place to get Beckham's bat in the lineup.