GameThread: White Sox (28-33) v. Brewers (33-27) 7:05 WCIU

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kristofer @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
ooh i like that lineup

I'm guessing you're a Brewers fan. I can't really tell from the skyline posted in your signature, though.

I would hope you are, because that lineup is atrocious without Thome and Konerko. I like it from the standpoint of giving development time to our younger players, but honestly, this may be the worst of the season. The only saving grace is we're going up against Suppan.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Gonna be interesting to see how Clayton hits.. :lol: The last time he picked up a bat against the Brewers... It was in spring training.

CHICAGO -- Clayton Richard can only hope his first official at-bat as a professional pitcher in Milwaukee on Friday goes more smoothly than the last time he picked up a bat against the Brewers.

After all, it can't get any worse.

"It went awful," Richard recalled of his last at-bat, which came during Spring Training 2006. "I went up there, and the first pitch, I didn't want to cheat myself, so I took the biggest cut I could and I threw my bat into their dugout. And then I proceeded to strike out on four pitches."

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 05:36 PM)
I'm guessing you're a Brewers fan. I can't really tell from the skyline posted in your signature, though.

I would hope you are, because that lineup is atrocious without Thome and Konerko. I like it from the standpoint of giving development time to our younger players, but honestly, this may be the worst of the season. The only saving grace is we're going up against Suppan.

wait....you mean you don't like brian anderson batting 5th?

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 05:36 PM)

i was being sarcastic, and no i'm not a brewers fan.

the line up isn't good when fields is involved.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 04:00 PM)
Brian Anderson is hitting 5th for us.

And playing for the 7th straight day, which I know many want to see, more consistent starts by BA. He's hitting .181 in that stretch, .154 in June. But it was a bad home stand for everyone. I hope a move up in the order will help him.

Wasn't Richard complaining of dead arm in his last few starts? Can't see him going very deep.

How many times has Pods been picked off this year?

5? 6?

He might be the worst baserunner we have...and his best way to steal has been to get picked off and have the 1B hit him on his way to second.

It will be a minor miracle if we win one game this series with the line-up we're putting out there.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 05:10 PM)
It will be a minor miracle if we win one game this series with the line-up we're putting out there.

Frankly, this lineup looks an awful lot like a normal NL lineup for 80% of the teams in that league.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 06:13 PM)
Frankly, this lineup looks an awful lot like a normal NL lineup for 80% of the teams in that league.

With Brian Anderson hitting 5th?

What teams are these, besides the Nationals and Padres? At least those teams have Gonzalez and Dunn/Guzman...we have Dye and that's about it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 05:16 PM)
With Brian Anderson hitting 5th?

What teams are these, besides the Nationals and Padres? At least those teams have Gonzalez and Dunn/Guzman...we have Dye and that's about it.

The Nationals have a fairly good offense actually. This reminds me of the lineups the Cardinals, Reds, Braves, etc. have been running out.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 07:17 PM)
The Nationals have a fairly good offense actually. This reminds me of the lineups the Cardinals, Reds, Braves, etc. have been running out.

I made a bet on the Nationals when I was in Vegas: under 70.5 wins. That's like stealing money right there.