GameThread: White Sox (28-33) v. Brewers (33-27) 7:05 WCIU

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 08:34 PM)
Lovin' hearing Bob Uecker do the game. Hawk is on mute.

Listening to him everyday while going to school there was outstanding. We used to go to the games and sit in the left field bleachers. We would hold up signs that said "Ueckers puckers, we're not leaving til we're heaving" (love the coolege days). He would come on the PA and announce that the puckers were in the stand today.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 09:48 PM)
Not really sure why we took out Clayton... was his pitch count really that high?

If anything, we should have put Clayton at first and put Dotel in for Fields... and the sad part is, I'm only half joking.

Over 100

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 01:48 AM)
Not really sure why we took out Clayton... was his pitch count really that high?

If anything, we should have put Clayton at first and put Dotel in for Fields... and the sad part is, I'm only half joking.

102 for Richard. Still would have let him finish the inning. Did not seem to be tiring.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 07:50 PM)
102 for Richard. Still would have let him finish the inning. Did not seem to be tiring.

Well, so much for the win for Clayton. Seems like bad things are always due to happen when you start out the inning with that kind of an error.

Ozzie always prefers to take the starters out without an opportunity to get a loss, but the "bad" Dotel has returned.

The funny thing is he has a great K/IP ratio, he actually was tied for bullpen pitchers in strikeouts with Howell last year, but you feel the same way you do when Jenks is out there in pressure situations...as good as our bullpen is, Linebrink and Thornton have plenty of bad moments, too.

But the bullpen is the last area of our team to worry about, I suppose.

Edited by caulfield12