GameThread: White Sox (28-33) v. Brewers (33-27) 7:05 WCIU

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! "HOCKEYTOWN" just got kicked in the nuts...

First time since 1979 in any of the 3 major sports (non-NFL) best of 7 playoffs where the away team won game 7.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 09:37 PM)
I'm totally calling dibs on the chicken guy as avatar.

Poreda is supposed to be in the mid-90s, touching high 90's I thought.

Poreda being a 1.5 pitch pitcher throwing 92-94, he won't be very successful at this level

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 09:36 PM)
I thought Poreda's velocity was supposed to be 98ish on his fastball... MIL broadcast had him at 92 mostly topping out at 94? Is their gun off?

Considering this is likely his first time working out of the pen in at least a couple of years, I'd say there's a good chance his arm wasn't completely warmed up like it would be on gameday when he's starting. He could be the type that gets more strength as the game goes.

Plus, this was his first time pitching in the bigs... I'm sure he had quite a few butterflies in his stomach.

The koolaid is wearing off with me, regarding Beckham

I think Getz started out the year with more hits than Gordon has, I think there's been just too much pressure put on him with the whole "We brought you up to the big club to help us win" comment Kenny made to him

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 10:53 PM)
The koolaid is wearing off with me, regarding Beckham

I think Getz started out the year with more hits than Gordon has, I think there's been just too much pressure put on him with the whole "We brought you up to the big club to help us win" comment Kenny made to him

He's been suffering from some very bad luck. As long as he fields the position and hits the ball hard, we can afford to wait this out.

Poreda has a nice fastball. 93-95 is plenty with the movement he's got. Going up to around 97 is nice, but it takes away from the movement.

He just really needs to work on his arm action for his breaking pitches and change. You can easily tell when the offspeed pitch is coming with how he slows down his arm.

Hopefully our relievers continue to perform as well as they have this year, as you'd hate to see them lose their trade value while hurting the team as well. 3 straight nice starts by our young pitchers. And Beckham, please start getting some hits, as it's going to get annoying having to continuously defend your spot in the big leagues.

The defense was horrible, baserunning horrible, bullpen horrible.

The positive irony of tonight- Poreda and Richard looked great while Peavy is hurt and will likely miss a month. Not that i cheer for injuries or anything, still very ironic.

Hopefully our relievers continue to perform as well as they have this year, as you'd hate to see them lose their trade value while hurting the team as well. 3 straight nice starts by our young pitchers. And Beckham, please start getting some hits, as it's going to get annoying having to continuously defend your spot in the big leagues.

You don't have to. KW, Buddy Bell, etc. have to. Seems like the kid was definitely rushed despite the tools and alittle bad luck.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 13, 2009 -> 04:18 AM)
You don't have to. KW, Buddy Bell, etc. have to. Seems like the kid was definitely rushed despite the tools and alittle bad luck.

He needs to get stronger. He looks like a little kid out there, and even though he makes good contact, he looks to be a warning track power type hitter when he gets a hold of it.

He's gotta stop pointing the bat so far out towards the pitcher. He might be able to get it to work for a little bit, but as he gets older and his reflexes decrease, it's gonna make hitting a lot tougher on him.

And he does need to get stronger. His lower body looks really weak.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 10:53 PM)
What was the saddest part of the game today?

I'll have to go with Clayton Richard looking like more of a hitter Fields has all season.

Richard has an awesome swing.

You think Fields swing looks big and long on TV? It's even bigger in person. Holy crap.