Michael Jackson still dead.

Rex Kickass

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you are right on all accounts...that local prison population you talk about didn't play out in the public forum. It's sad in all cases, but in THIS ONE CASE, you could actually witness the craziness play out first hand. That's the difference.

And according to the law, which we all tend to live by, OJ didn't kill his wife. What you and I think doesn't really matter.

And absolutely the parents are just as, if not more guilty. I mean, if you know that a person has a proclivity to doing something bad and you wave that under his/her nose, who's worse?

/filibustering

If you really want to get it to the buster ask him if he feels this way about Michael, why does he continue to support the Catholic Church?

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 05:37 AM)
If you really want to get it to the buster ask him if he feels this way about Michael, why does he continue to support the Catholic Church?

I don't think anyone is advocating treating the entire music industry in the same manner as Jackson. That would be the key difference between this and the Church. We also have had school districts, sports leagues, etc. tarnished by pedophiles, but to generalize seems wrong in my opinion.

I watched some of the Jackson service today even though I was never a fan of his (because my brother played his music ALL THE DAMN DAY growing up) and I have to say when Stevie Wonder sang it was really touching. I love Stevie and it tugged at my heart strings to see him so hurt and sing a song with such emotion and still sound fantastic.

BTW Smokey Robinson's hairline is moving forward now after years of him trying to hang on to his 14 inch forehead. He must have got some hair implants.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 07:59 PM)
It was tough watching his daughter at the podium talking about Michael. It really hit home, for me, that he was a father. Of course you know he has children but seeing them there puts everything in perspective.

It's amazing how Michael Jackson's genes created such a Caucasian child, not once, but three times.

Congressman Peter King was dead on about Michael Jackson. I wish the media and people would care about something more important, not the death of what once was a great talent. People idolizing and praising this guy non stop, it's almost sicking. This guy was a child predator (spare the never convicted crap, he made settlements in the past, celebrities always get off from crimes, and the fact he consistently had sleep overs with kids tells you something), didn't care about anyone but himself (hence the hundreds of millions of dollars he wasted on himself), and he was a plain old nut (non stop plastic surgery, became white, etc., etc., etc.).

I'm sorry for his family, but I don't have an ounce of pity for Michael Jackson.

To those of you who claim that Michael Jackson molested all these children & was a child predator, when was he convicted & when was it even proven that he did all of these things?

Oh, wait...

Yeah, he shouldn't of had sleepovers with children. But have your childhood basically taken away from you & let's see how you'll turn out.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 10:06 PM)
To those of you who claim that Michael Jackson molested all these children & was a child predator, when was he convicted & when was it even proven that he did all of these things?

Oh, wait...

Yeah, he shouldn't of had sleepovers with children. But have your childhood basically taken away from you & let's see how you'll turn out.

I like to think that I could think of better things to do then sleep with children in my bed, in order to rid myself of my childhood demons. You know, like therapy.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:06 PM)

Oh, wait...

puh-lease? I'm suppossed to feel sorry for the guy because he made a lot of money and didn't have a real childhood?

I'm sorry, but a lot of people go through s***ty or basically no childhood at all. It ain't nobody's fault but his that he wasn't able to deal with it/get help.

Oh yeah, I'm sure Michael Jackson didn't kill those people either.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:06 PM)

Oh, wait...

You've really taken up the token African American response to this issue. And I dont give a s*** if that sounds racist. Everyone hears and reads the same things I do. When it comes to famous black artists or celebrities, it becomes an issue of white people (particularly the conservative media) unfairly hating them just as much as it is black people blindly defending them.

It's unfair to criticize coverage of Jackson, an enormous global icon in music, because of his past; just as it's blind to sit here and play that lame angle of suggesting he was never proven to have molested anyone in a court of law. As if that really is the definitive proof of guilt and innocence.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 10:28 PM)
puh-lease? I'm suppossed to feel sorry for the guy because he made a lot of money and didn't have a real childhood?

I'm sorry, but a lot of people go through s***ty or basically no childhood at all. It ain't nobody's fault but his that he wasn't able to deal with it/get help.

Oh yeah, I'm sure Michael Jackson didn't kill those people either.

I can't wait until Miley Cyrus starts inviting some young girls over to her place.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 10:58 PM)
Not to be cruel, but I laugh at everyone during the memorial asking "what did he do to get taken from us". The answer is a whole lot of drugs. This isn't a situation like Steve Irwin where it was just a freak accident.

The attempts of the media and MJ fans to ignore his flaws and try to lift him into being some sort of Christ like figure now that he's dead has been pretty sad.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 05:00 AM)
The attempts of the media and MJ fans to ignore his flaws and try to lift him into being some sort of Christ like figure now that he's dead has been pretty sad.

I saw a shirt today with his picture on the front and on the back said "good luck trying to moonwalk in hell". A little too soon, as the person was wearing it at lunchtime at Woodfield Mall.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:40 PM)
You've really taken up the token African American response to this issue. And I dont give a s*** if that sounds racist. Everyone hears and reads the same things I do. When it comes to famous black artists or celebrities, it becomes an issue of white people (particularly the conservative media) unfairly hating them just as much as it is black people blindly defending them.

It's unfair to criticize coverage of Jackson, an enormous global icon in music, because of his past; just as it's blind to sit here and play that lame angle of suggesting he was never proven to have molested anyone in a court of law. As if that really is the definitive proof of guilt and innocence.

Just like the lame angle of race that you just used? Personally I know white, latin & asian people as well as black people who believe the same.

The fact that these parents were fine with just taking some money in a settlement should raise a flag...if it's my kid, I want that f***er in jail. Period. Also, when stories come out about someone molesting them, more people come out & say so. You mean to tell me that if he had all of these kids in his house, that he only molested 2? Give me a f***in' break. That's like saying a serial killer only kills one person or a guy who collects sneakers only has 2 pairs of Air Jordans.

Sounds like sometimes white people blindly defend their opinions too...