Michael Jackson still dead.

Rex Kickass

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 11:19 PM)
He was accused of pedophilia, not jay walking. Lots of people had bad childhoods and dealt with abuse. I appreciate his talent, and the gift he had and the world will miss his talent. I can also appreciate that its not normal for 45 year old man to sleep in the same bed with children that are not their own.

I'm no psychologist but I think there's a good chance that he really didn't understand that it wasn't normal because he was too messed up in the head, and that he never actually did anything. He also didn't have many actual friends, just people that wanted to be around him and take advantage of him.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)
I'm no psychologist but I think there's a good chance that he really didn't understand that it wasn't normal because he was too messed up in the head, and that he never actually did anything. He also didn't have many actual friends, just people that wanted to be around him and take advantage of him.

Pedophiles don't understand that their love for children is wrong either. This is a slippery slope. Whether or not his advisors are helping him out is not the point. He is an adult male. And if he is incapable of understanding right from wrong then he should of been institutionalized.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 02:40 PM)
Pedophiles don't understand that their love for children is wrong either. This is a slippery slope. Whether or not his advisors are helping him out is not the point. He is an adult male. And if he is incapable of understanding right from wrong then he should of been institutionalized.

Frankly, if he didn't have the kind of money he had, he probably would have been.

Not just for that reason. Look at all the other things he did. Hell, the plastic surgery was basically an expensive version of facial mutilation; he had his father's nose and he attempted to get it off of his face.

Heard this morning on some news program, excerpts from the 911 call his Doc made. Doc said, on tape, that he was giving Michael "gentle" chest compressions on the bed first, before later putting him on the floor. May have done suposedly because of Jackson's frail state.

Doc just bought himself a ticket to lose-big-money-in-court. CPR is never done "gently", or on a soft surface, if it can be avoided. Even in a healthy person, CPR usually results in some tissue damage, possibly some cracked ribs even. But that is acceptable when the person doesn't even have a pulse. Any medical professional knows this.

Oops.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 11:26 AM)
Am I the only one who found/finds it absolutely repulsive the amount of coverage he's getting? He's a freakin' peder-ass. He was pyschotic. Yeah he was a gifted musician (25 years ago) with a difficult past, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he molested little boys and became a pain killer addict.

I swear, flipping through the TV last night I was surprised it was Michael Jackson that died and not Jesus.

And how about those awesome celeb statements? Madonna's says she can't stop crying. Quincy Jones said he lost a part of his soul. GMAFB.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 10:19 PM)
He was accused of pedophilia, not jay walking. Lots of people had bad childhoods and dealt with abuse. I appreciate his talent, and the gift he had and the world will miss his talent. I can also appreciate that its not normal for 45 year old man to sleep in the same bed with children that are not their own.

Yep, about sums up my feelings. I was old enough to be in clubs in the early 80s when Jackson transformed pop and dance music. I can forgive "victimless" transgressions like drug addiction, but his transgressions surpassed those. I find it sad that people will look past child molestation if the perpetrator is famous enough or they like his work enough.

And I am not looking at the thread here, but the 24/7 tributes and crying fans calling into radio stations. What they do not seem to understand what they love, is his music, not him personally.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 08:33 AM)
Yep, about sums up my feelings. I was old enough to be in clubs in the early 80s when Jackson transformed pop and dance music. I can forgive "victimless" transgressions like drug addiction, but his transgressions surpassed those. I find it sad that people will look past child molestation if the perpetrator is famous enough or they like his work enough.

And I am not looking at the thread here, but the 24/7 tributes and crying fans calling into radio stations. What they do not seem to understand what they love, is his music, not him personally.

Funny because it's true....harsh language though.

Michael Jackson is Dead, by Jon LaJoie - Watch more Funny Videos

Not to support the guy, but I have a couple of comments.

First, he was accused, not convicted, correct? If so, first of all, he is innocent until proven guilty. Second of all, while I agree a 45 year old man has absolutely no business having a sleep over with a child, BUT, what if it was just a sleep over and the families of these kids saw an opening to fleece him for all he's worth. He may have been a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic, which led him to do stupid things, but that doesn't necessarily mean he diddled anyone.

My point is...I don't know, I wasn't there, I'm not going to judge him. He was a tortured soul who was denied childhood and spent the rest of his life trying to regain it. And that's just sad.

That being said...I'm done with the news coverage. And for those of you that thought Farrah Fawcett didn't get enough coverage, they did re-run her documentary oon NBC over the weekend. And if you haven't watched it, it's absolutely heartbreaking.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 08:52 AM)
First, he was accused, not convicted, correct? If so, first of all, he is innocent until proven guilty.

In the first case, 15 years ago, he was accused and probably stood a good shot of conviction but the family involved dropped the charges in exchange for an undisclosed settlement (Rumors are it was $20 million).

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 10:52 AM)
Not to support the guy, but I have a couple of comments.

First, he was accused, not convicted, correct? If so, first of all, he is innocent until proven guilty. Second of all, while I agree a 45 year old man has absolutely no business having a sleep over with a child, BUT, what if it was just a sleep over and the families of these kids saw an opening to fleece him for all he's worth. He may have been a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic, which led him to do stupid things, but that doesn't necessarily mean he diddled anyone.

My point is...I don't know, I wasn't there, I'm not going to judge him. He was a tortured soul who was denied childhood and spent the rest of his life trying to regain it. And that's just sad.

That being said...I'm done with the news coverage. And for those of you that thought Farrah Fawcett didn't get enough coverage, they did re-run her documentary oon NBC over the weekend. And if you haven't watched it, it's absolutely heartbreaking.

This tortured soul crutch that people keep using kind of irks me. It wouldnt work for the neighborhood wierdo, why does it work here. Oh yes, he can sing and dance like no other. Every child star has a lost childhood. Some of them are abused, hell take a look at the local prison population and you can find lost childhoods and terrible abuse. He was an adult male, who slept with children in his bed that were not his own. I don't need to convict him to know that is wrong. The parents who allowed this are sick in their heads. You don't use children as bait to get close to someone you admire, or use for a ransom later. The parents are as guilty as this guy. Oh and OJ didn't kill his wife because he wasnt convicted either.

In the first case, 15 years ago, he was accused and probably stood a good shot of conviction but the family involved dropped the charges in exchange for an undisclosed settlement (Rumors are it was $20 million).

Probably a good shot, does not equal conviction.

Nor does settling = conviction.

For all we know Michael felt he was 150% innocent, but his lawyers, managers etc advised him that the negative publicity surrounding the case would cost him more than the settlement, therefore he should settle.

We live in America, where for better or for worse, you are innocent until proven guilty.

Its a sad story and no one really won here.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)
We live in America, where for better or for worse, you are innocent until proven guilty.

Which also doesn't mean he didn't do it, it just means the government was not successful in prosecuting him.

Basically innocent until proven guilty merely means we would rather allow some guilty people to not be prosecuted over the chance of an innocent person being prosecuted. Also, the public often times has more, not less, information, and more time, to make a decision.

Earlier, someone said the parents of his later victims should also be held responsible. I agree wholeheartedly.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
Michael's mother Katherine is getting temporary custody of his three kids... This got me wondering, who are the mothers of the kids?

I think his former nurse was the mother of the first two. Not sure about the last one.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
Michael's mother Katherine is getting temporary custody of his three kids... This got me wondering, who are the mothers of the kids?

This lady Debbie Rowe is the mother of the 2 older children, a surrogate gave birth to the youngest.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
This lady Debbie Rowe is the mother of the 2 older children, a surrogate gave birth to the youngest.

I'm guessing it was a revenge baby, someone had it in for him . . .

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)
This tortured soul crutch that people keep using kind of irks me. It wouldnt work for the neighborhood wierdo, why does it work here. Oh yes, he can sing and dance like no other. Every child star has a lost childhood. Some of them are abused, hell take a look at the local prison population and you can find lost childhoods and terrible abuse. He was an adult male, who slept with children in his bed that were not his own. I don't need to convict him to know that is wrong. The parents who allowed this are sick in their heads. You don't use children as bait to get close to someone you admire, or use for a ransom later. The parents are as guilty as this guy. Oh and OJ didn't kill his wife because he wasnt convicted either.

While you are right on all accounts...that local prison population you talk about didn't play out in the public forum. It's sad in all cases, but in THIS ONE CASE, you could actually witness the craziness play out first hand. That's the difference.

And according to the law, which we all tend to live by, OJ didn't kill his wife. What you and I think doesn't really matter.

And absolutely the parents are just as, if not more guilty. I mean, if you know that a person has a proclivity to doing something bad and you wave that under his/her nose, who's worse?

/filibustering