(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 06:20 PM)
Winehouse was very talented, but her perpetual problems stopped her from being a "mainstream" name.

I'd say the only reason I've ever heard of her is her tabloid problems.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
Yeah, one of these things is not like the other.

Well, obviously she won't leave the same mark on music the others before her did, I'm not even a fan of her music, I was more taken by the fact she died of drugs like those others before her at the exact same age.

Brian Jones was also 27 I believe when he died.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)
Well, obviously she won't leave the same mark on music the others before her did, I'm not even a fan of her music, I was more taken by the fact she died of drugs like those others before her at the exact same age.

Brian Jones was also 27 I believe when he died.

The only thing she has in common with that group is age. The rest of them literally changed music forever.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
Lots of people I know said she was soooo talented. I was like, "Wasn't she a one hit wonder?"

Yeah, 92 innocent people were just killed in Norway, but people are upset about a drug addict finishing hersef off...come on now

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 02:26 AM)
Yeah, 92 innocent people were just killed in Norway, but people are upset about a drug addict finishing hersef off...come on now

I know this might sound impossible but some people can be upset about both things simultaneously. Go figure.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 09:11 AM)
I know this might sound impossible but some people can be upset about both things simultaneously. Go figure.

The difference in perspective is huge. Winehouse is the one who is going to get all of the attention, which is just pathetic.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 09:29 AM)
The difference in perspective is huge. Winehouse is the one who is going to get all of the attention, which is just pathetic.

Nothing new here. The media focuses on crap like this all of the time.