(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Oct 9, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
Former Weezer bass player Mikey Welsh, who also found success in his second career as an artist, died in a Chicago hotel room. He was in Chicago to see Weezer perform and hang out with the guys. Sad.

He freaking tweeted two weeks ago that he had a dream he would die in Chicago. Then two weeks later, he dies in Chicago, in his sleep.

Gotta be suicide.

Washington Post

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
Lindsay Lohan

Andy Dick

George Bush 1

Fidel Castro

Clint Eastwood

Gaddafi

Muhammad Ali

Jimmy Carter

Courtney Love

Hulk Hogan

Funny you put Lohan on top of a list containing a bunch of geezers.

This pool would be a bit too morbid for me.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
one check mark for B>W.

Hilarious. Saddam was tried, convicted and lawfully hanged and the left cried foul. But Qaddafi was dragged out and summarily executed by a bloodthirsty mob, and the left is claiming victory for Obama's policies.

The left and the Democrats are totally OK with war and killing as long as it scores points for their "heroes".

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)
Hilarious. Saddam was tried, convicted and lawfully hanged and the left cried foul. But Qaddafi was dragged out and summarily executed by a bloodthirsty mob, and the left is claiming victory for Obama's policies.

The left and the Democrats are totally OK with war and killing as long as it scores points for their "heroes".

Uhh...The Critic was referring to the fact that Buehrle>Wood (Hence "B>W") included Gaddhafi in his possible "death pool" (a pool of people who you think might die in the next year). Nothing political about it. I'm guessing you thought it meant Barack>W. Bush? Not at all.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
Uhh...The Critic was referring to the fact that Buehrle>Wood (Hence "B>W") included Gaddhafi in his possible "death pool" (a pool of people who you think might die in the next year). Nothing political about it. I'm guessing you thought it meant Barack>W. Bush? Not at all.

Damn. Well I look like a fool. I did think "B" was a weird, new way to refer to Barack Obama, and I thought this thread was a weird place for politics, but that didn't stop me. Oops.

I still think my point is valid due to other reactions I've seen from leftist commenters, but this isn't the place. I'll just shut up.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
I still think my point is valid due to other reactions I've seen from leftist commenters, but this isn't the place. I'll just shut up.

Good to know the right is fine now with giving Bin Laden his muslim funeral.

http://www.radio-info.com/news/co-writer-o...-hey-dies-at-68

Co-writer of Steam's "Na Na Hey Hey" dies at 68

In 1969, Paul Leka and his songwriting/performing partner Gary DeCarlo needed a B-side for a Buddah Records single that wouldn't tempt DJs to "flip from the A side." So in the studio, they improvised on a riff they'd come up with years before, leaving in the "dummy lyric" of "na na na na" and make sure it was long enough (4 minutes) not to get radio airplay. But Buddah liked it and made "Na Na Hey Hey (Kiss Him Goodbye)" the A side - and it went to #1. (The group name on the record label, "Steam", was a made-up name for the studio duo of Leka and DeCarlo.) The New York Times says the song's real longevity began in 1977, when Chicago White Sox ballpark organist Nancy Faust began using it to needle the opposing team when something went wrong for them. From there, it gained immortality at arenas and fields around the country. Paul Leka was born in Bridgeport, Connecticut, and was pitching new songs to publishers in New York when he was just 16. The Times says he worked for Mercury, Elektra and CBS Records, and ran his own recording studio in Bridgeport, working with artists such as Gloria Gaynor, Stevie Wonder and Kris Kristofferson.

http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainment/musi..._medium=twitter

LONDON | A coroner says Amy Winehouse died as the unintended consequence of drinking too much alcohol.

Coroner Suzanne Greenaway gave a verdict of "death by misadventure," saying the singer had voluntarily consumed alcohol and risked the consequences.

The singer, who had fought drug and alcohol problems for years, was found dead in bed at her London home on July 23 at age 27.

A pathologist told the singer's inquest Wednesday that Winehouse had consumed a "very large quantity of alcohol" and was more than five times over the legal drunk-driving limit when she died.

Read more: http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainment/musi...l#ixzz1bteV1Nll

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 26, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)
WHAT HER PARENTZ SED SHE DIED OF ALCOHOL WITHDRAWAL AND SHE WAS TRYN TO GET CLEAN!???????????????!!?!?!?!

I DON'T BELIEVE IT. AMY WINEHOUSE IS A VICTIM.

Depending on how much she weighed exactly and whether she'd eaten beforehand...a .5 BAC is something in the range of 15+ drinks over the span of a few hours.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Oct 20, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)

Death Pool statement, not political statement.

The only political statement I make is I don't trust any of them.