knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

RIP Steve Jobs.

Steve Jobs has passed away.

Whether or not you are a fanboy or an ardent hater of all things apple. Sad to see someone who helped to innovate and change computing go so young. Apple will never be the same.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
Also... am I the only person who clicks on this thread almost excited to see who died? Then I find out most of the time I have no idea who it is so I need not bother tweeting or posting something about it?

How f***ed up is that?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 24, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
Nope, I'm right there with you. Morbid, ain't it?

We really should do a death pool. Scoring is simple, we pick a start and end date, you earn points based on the age of the celebrity that passes. 100 minus their age generally works well. Pick 20 celebrities. We could go November 1, 2011 through October 31, 2012. Seems kind of cool to end on Halloween.

Thoughts?

Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes ... the ones who see things differently ... they're not fond of rules.... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things ... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world are the ones who do.

I'm as proud of what we don't do as I am of what we do.

In most people's vocabularies, design means veneer. It's interior decorating. It's the fabric of the curtains of the sofa. But to me, nothing could be further from the meaning of design. Design is the fundamental soul of a human-made creation that ends up expressing itself in successive outer layers of the product or service.

Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.

We don't get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life.

The people who built Silicon Valley were engineers. They learned business, they learned a lot of different things, but they had a real belief that humans, if they worked hard with other creative, smart people, could solve most of humankind's problems. I believe that very much.

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.

All from Steve Jobs, 1955 - 2011

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 12:38 PM)
I picture the warden from "Ernest Goes to Jail".

Man, I was obsessed with Ernest movies as a kid.

You and me both. Anytime we would go to the video store I swear I came back with another one.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 05:31 AM)
We really should do a death pool. Scoring is simple, we pick a start and end date, you earn points based on the age of the celebrity that passes. 100 minus their age generally works well. Pick 20 celebrities. We could go November 1, 2011 through October 31, 2012. Seems kind of cool to end on Halloween.

Thoughts?

I'd be all over this. Somebody get it started...