7/3 Game Thread Sox @ Kansas City 7:10pm CSN

knightni

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 08:10 PM)
Who on this board were the shamelessly pro-Pods supporters at that point? That was one brave stance to take.

shamelessly pro-Pods? I was pro-Pods with reservations.

To be rabidly pro-Pods on here would be to take a 'non-internet-smarts' position, i'm sure 90% of the pro-Pods people out there were 05 sentimentalists or even people with a passing fancy of the team.

so to be all for him at that point, in this setting at least, takes a lot of guts

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 07:11 PM)
Please lets stop running on Olivo. We're doing just fine with the bat.

Do this against someone who's cannonless

Not to mention you take the bat out of the hands of Dye/Thome/Konerko.

It's not like Wise isn't going to score on a single (usually), just a case of forcing something that wasn't there. Maybe Ozzie asked him to be more aggressive on the basepaths and try to make some things happen? Running on his own? Missed hit and run?

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 07:13 PM)
To be rabidly pro-Pods on here would be to take a 'non-internet-smarts' position, i'm sure 90% of the pro-Pods people out there were 05 sentimentalists or even people with a passing fancy of the team.

so to be all for him at that point, in this setting at least, takes a lot of guts

Or teenage girls who were saddened by the loss of Garland and/or fans of Lisa Dergan being back out at USCF.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
Was UGa's first baseman 7 foot tall? I love Beckham like he's my second wife, but he has got to get those throws down.

With a really good arm, playing 3b instead of SS makes your throw longer, wouldn't that make it much more likely that a throw is going to sail on you?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 01:15 AM)
With a really good arm, playing 3b instead of SS makes your throw longer, wouldn't that make it much more likely that a throw is going to sail on you?

It's pretty close. The main thing at 3rd you have to learn is that you have a lot more time on a routine play than you do at SS.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)

Does Beckham really have such a strong arm? All the scouting reports said "average or slightly above average" for SS when he was drafted.

I haven't seen him play at all since ST (here in Thailand now), so how could you compare his throwing ability to Valentin/Uribe/Crede/Ramirez?

Maybe he's try to get a little extra on his throws from over there and he's changing his natural throwing motion a bit???

Danksie getting back below 4.00 ERA for first time in months...who'd a thought Jose, Gavin and Danks would be in the positions they're at statistically NOW after six weeks into the season?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:19 AM)
I think we are seeing the book develop on Nix. Keep the ball away from him, as his power seems to be when he turns and burns.

And that's why he's perfect as a platoon against LHP. The only pitch that can be effective against him from a LHP would be a low and away changeup.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:19 AM)
Does Beckham really have such a strong arm? All the scouting reports said "average or slightly above average" for SS when he was drafted.

I haven't seen him play at all since ST (here in Thailand now), so how could you compare his throwing ability to Valentin/Uribe/Crede/Ramirez?

Maybe he's try to get a little extra on his throws from over there and he's changing his natural throwing motion a bit???

His arm seems very good over there.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 06:19 PM)
The nice thing is that the pen has worked 1.2 IP in the last three games. They have gotten a nice break.

Seriously, if the rotation can stay in this groove, there's no reason to keep the extra LHP in the bullpen if Quentin comes back. Hold Wise and Anderson and send down Gobble; gives you an OF bat/PH/PR from both sides of the plate.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 01:21 AM)
Seriously, if the rotation can stay in this groove, there's no reason to keep the extra LHP in the bullpen if Quentin comes back. Hold Wise and Anderson and send down Gobble; gives you an OF bat/PH/PR from both sides of the plate.

There's no reason to have Gobble on the team, end of story. We have needed an extra bat on the bench a lot longer than we've needed another arm in the pen.