7/3 Game Thread Sox @ Kansas City 7:10pm CSN

knightni

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 06:53 PM)
Slowey's down, 6-0. Tigers abusing him.

Looks like the Twins can still get back into it, though. Unknown named French on the mound for the Tigers. Anyone know much about him?

Then again, if the Twins' offense is like the Sox against unseen pitchers, the Twins are doomed.

With Delmon Young (sub 600 OPS), Gomez and Punto at the bottom of the order, they're pretty anemic once you get past Mauer/Morneau/Cuddyer/Kubel.

Crede is at his typical .232 but does have a 750 OPS in his defense.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 06:50 PM)
Hell of a swing by PK. He's been going to right with great effectiveness this week.

Ever since the first week of ST, he's been doing this...maybe sacrificing a tad bit of power, but me likey the 290+ batting average Konerko. Much more dangerous and consistent.

Tony Pena might be one of the five worst hitters (far worse than Andy Gonzalez!) in the last decade of MLB play. (Please don't jinx him into a base hit with that comment).

Edited by caulfield12

Hey, what kinda pitch was John Danks throwing that made the announcers wonder out loud if he was working on a Satchel Paige hestitation pitch? Did anyone else see that? The even showed a replay od Danks throwing it. I thought he was trying to throw a knuckleball at first.

What's the story on Danks using this pitch? How long has he been doing this? This is the first time I ever notice him doing it.