7/3 Game Thread Sox @ Kansas City 7:10pm CSN

knightni

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:40 AM)
Would like to see the White Sox make a run at Fukudome again and see how much the Cubs would be willing to eat on that deal...we wouldn't have to give up much.

Prefer Fukudome to Rowand in terms of those contracts and future ROI, but both would be high-risk moves...even if we have the financial flexibility.

Don't dismiss the idea of KW going after Pierre with Manny back in LA. Ozzie has the love for Pierre from his Marlins days.

Where would any of those guys play?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 07:39 PM)
My prediction would be a Josh Fields for Cla Meredith deal. Padres were interested in Fields in the past, and rumor is Padres will be trading Kouzmanoff soon.

Kouzmanoff/Ramirez/Beckham >>> Beckham, Ramirez, Getz/Nix

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 08:39 PM)
Unless it's a superstar 2nd baseman, I am puzzled as to what KW would be looking to upgrade on this current team. No reason to get a CF with Quentin's likely return.

I wonder if something like Getz + Fields + Egbert is enough to get Sanchez and Snell.

seeing how snell just signed that extension in '08 and has basically talked his way out of town, it gives the bucs a second basemen they can groom at the ML level, a third basemen with some limited upside and a decent 4-5 starter candidate.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 06:41 PM)
Where would any of those guys play?

Really, if KW makes any deal right now with how this team is playing its because he's decided to clear some space, maybe even for Allen. There really is no where for anyone to play that gives us a big upgrade.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 08:39 PM)
My prediction would be a Josh Fields for Cla Meredith deal. Padres were interested in Fields in the past, and rumor is Padres will be trading Kouzmanoff soon.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Fields go out of here. I think he is burning his bridges from the sounds of it. Those guys don't usually last long in Chicago.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
Really, if KW makes any deal right now with how this team is playing its because he's decided to clear some space, maybe even for Allen. There really is no where for anyone to play that gives us a big upgrade.

Nice feeling isn't it.

Of course, in two weeks it could be the opposite.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 06:43 PM)
I'm going under the conservative evaluation that Quentin won't make it back and last for long this year...Plan B/C/D.

No way a GM makes a trade right now then has the guy he trades for get benched behind Quentin, even if there's only a 33% chance that Q comes back healthy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 07:44 PM)

With Allen gone, then we pretty much have to keep Thome somehow next season...don't we?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Fields go out of here. I think he is burning his bridges from the sounds of it. Those guys don't usually last long in Chicago.

I wonder if the Sox are above or below average in tolerating b.s.. It seems like the organization has a pretty low tolerance for that stuff.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 06:44 PM)
Nice feeling isn't it.

Of course, in two weeks it could be the opposite.

It could be, but there's time before the trade deadline and we've got a big bat coming back anyway. There's no good reason at all to rush things this year. The only obvious trade is a selling-mode trade sending out Dye or Thome.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 08:45 PM)
Grienke is done for the night!

The offense is coming around nicely as we have put it on both Cliff Lee and Zach Grienke in the last few days. It is amazing how we struggled against Chen, but just kicked Greinke around the park.

This game of baseball really makes no sense at times. And that's why I love it.