7/4 Game Thread Sox @ Kansas City 12:10pm CSN

knightni

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:57 PM)
BTW, it's great to actually be this disappointed when the team loses a game. For a while in May, it seemed like losses were too easy to handle.

Yep. We're back in it. That's all we can ask for with the way we started.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:57 PM)
Is asking for just 6 innings of 2 or 3 run ball tomorrow from Richard too much to ask?

Probably.

We need to beat up on Bannister like we usually do.

He has a 8.15 ERA against us.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:56 PM)
It just felt weird to see this team down late in the game.

I just can't stand Alberto Callaspo. He's killed us at least three times this year.

His defense has killed us more than that.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
Beckham. He slays. Get it? Good.

I thought there was more to it. Lame.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
I thought there was more to it. Lame.

There was a post by someone who had heard Beckham slayed a lot of "ladies" while at Georgia. Thus, the development of a nickname.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 01:11 PM)
Between Tejada, Colon, Cruz and Soria, the Royals might lead the league in BP guys that routinely hit 95 MPH with their fastball.

With Zumaya, Dolsi, Perry, Rodney, etc., the Tigers have some very nice bullpen arms as well.

I´m over that tantrum but passion aside the defense really needs a kick in the butt. Can´t be mental midgets half the time and concentrate the other. Some pluses today. Gotta keep bringin up Beckham. This kid is really tearing the cover off the ball. All his balls in play are line drives and all over the place. Is he eligible if he plays the rest iof the year for ROY?

Edited by chisoxfan09

Tomorrow's game is HUGE. It will show us what the make-up of this team is. Are they gonna be a win 7, then lose 5 of 7 team, or are they gonna keep playing hot and not let today's loss get them down...

They need a 8-1 victory or something similar....

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
I´m over that tantrum but passion aside the defense really needs a kick in the butt. Can´t be mental midgets half the time and concentrate the other. Some pluses today. Gotta keep bringin up Beckham. This kid is really tearing the cover off the ball. All his balls in play are line drives and all over the place. Is he eligible if he plays the rest iof the year for ROY?

Yes, he's eligible, of course...these are his first AB's at the major league level.

The only question is whether he can miss 2+ months of the season and still make a race of it. Remember, Alexei had 20+ homers and almost 80 RBI's and still was soundly defeated by Longoria last year.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
The gun has been the same for our pitchers whether we were in Kansas City, Los Angeles, Oakland, Chicago, etc.

It hasn't been for us. The only time Jenks has hit 99 this year was in KC. All of the sudden Linebrink was even hitting 97, which is a joke.

So much for "expecting" to win Game 3 of the series.

That was kind of a blah loss. I didn't see it, but the KC announcers in the first fpur innings, which is all I listened to, made it sound as if Floyd didn't have the control today.

I couldn't believe yesterday DJ and Farmer said Thornton was an all-star, lock to

make the team.

I mean I like Thornton, but no way will he be on the all star team.