Films Thread

juddling

QUOTE (G&T @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 08:19 AM)
Where is it in the queue? I've found that if it's ranked 1, very long waits become much shorter. But no guarantees, and of course if you get a lot of movies from netflix, then you are screwed.

I have it pretty low because it says Very Long Wait. I'll move it up and see what happens.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oscar nominations are out. Here are the 10 up for Best picture:

'Avatar'

'The Blind Side'

'District 9'

'An Education'

'The Hurt Locker'

'Inglourious Basterds'

'Precious'

'A Serious Man'

'Up'

'Up in the Air'

I haven't seen a few of these but Up was by far my favorite movie of the year and I would love to see the academy award an animated film.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 10:00 AM)
Already it's obviously a much more "Big name film inclusive" list than that from last year.

I really hope Avatar doesn't win.

Agreed on Avatar, but I'd also hate it if the Blind Side won. The book was awesome, but the movie looked like pure preachy trash.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 11:13 AM)
Agreed on Avatar, but I'd also hate it if the Blind Side won. The book was awesome, but the movie looked like pure preachy trash.

It's amazing how much they downplayed the fathers role in Michael Oher's life. Sean Tuohy was a nonfactor in the movie.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)
It's amazing how much they downplayed the fathers role in Michael Oher's life. Sean Tuohy was a nonfactor in the movie.

It's reasons like that why I didn't even bother seeing it. That's just awful.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 11:00 AM)
Already it's obviously a much more "Big name film inclusive" list than that from last year.

I really hope Avatar doesn't win.

That would drive me nuts if Avatar won considering I hated Titanic and Cameron won for that and I thought Avatar was a mediocre movie at best even with its amazing visuals.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 10:34 AM)
The hero of the movie was Sandra Bullock's character rather than Oher and that bugged me as well.

If Michael Oher had been the hero, then all the white Christians that were watching it wouldn't come away feeling good about themselves, which looked like the movie's ultimate goal.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 11:35 AM)
I haven't seen Hurt Locker, but of the ones I've seen on that list, Up in the Air was the best.

I really really liked "Up In The Air", but "The Hurt Locker" is a masterpiece IMO.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 11:41 AM)
Just need to find time. Having a young kid makes that a bit difficult at times. So does having a wife who refuses to see violent films. I'll just have to buy it on Blu-Ray later.

It's not really violent. There is one scene that I would consider bloody. Very suspenseful.