Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)
Nebraska's defense is in the same league as Alabama and Florida's. But Alabama's offense is so much better than NU's so I would say Tide by 10 right now.

by 10??

Dude, if Nebraska had anything resembling an offense they would have slaughtered Texas last night..

I fully expect Alabama to rout Texas

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 11:37 AM)
I bet they through a Boise State vs. TCU bowl game, and if they do that I'll be very angry. I want to see those to teams play power conference teams and dominate.

Boise would get waxed by any of the BCS teams. TCU could hang with any of the BCS teams given a month to prepare.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 10:53 PM)
I understand your hate, but I'm not sure what the golden platter was in this one.

I won't even complain about calls, but the golden platter this time was the Nebraska kicker kicking the ball out of bounds and giving UT the 40 yard line. All he had to do was kick the ball deep and Nebraska would have likely won.

But it's all the same for UT every year, all the resources in the world and they still end up with horrendous graduating rates, 5 players arrested every year, and Mack Brown whining his ass off to get UT into better situations.

Oh and the ultimate golden platter this year will be McCoy receiving the Heisman after a mediocre season. He's the last of the Holy Triumvirate to not receive the award.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 06:15 PM)
Tennessee-Virginia Tech in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl... Not excited at all about the match-up. But, I'm excited we're playing in ATL because I plan on going, which means I'll be spending my New Year's Eve in Atlanta. Should be fun.

I know he wasn't at UT very long, but what's the word on Eddie Gran? I heard he'll probably leave us too as soon as Tubbs gets a HC job.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 05:03 PM)
Like Oregon, for instance?

In a rematch, yes.

Boise is a fraud. They say they want to play big teams but only under 1 condition. They want them the first game of the season when they can prepare the entire offseason for one game and when the other team might not be clicking yet.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 04:52 PM)
I know he wasn't at UT very long, but what's the word on Eddie Gran? I heard he'll probably leave us too as soon as Tubbs gets a HC job.

He's going to FSU. He's a great coach. I'm pissed we're losing him.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
In a rematch, yes.

Boise is a fraud. They say they want to play big teams but only under 1 condition. They want them the first game of the season when they can prepare the entire offseason for one game and when the other team might not be clicking yet.

Because the team Boise plays wouldn't have the whole offseason to prepare? Flawed logic.

Ask Oklahoma how Boise State shows up in a bowl game.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
Because the team Boise plays wouldn't have the whole offseason to prepare? Flawed logic.

Ask Oklahoma how Boise State shows up in a bowl game.

Nah dude, don't you know? BCS schools are FAR MORE superior.