The Day After-- Sox vs Tigers (Contreras vs Verlander) 12:05PM CSN

jasonxctf

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 12:05 PM)
A split would be heavenly, but even being back 2 games after this weekend wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

The Tigers aren't exactly throwing out a great starter. So how about all of you b****ing just shut-up already (yeah, I said it). Verlander vs Contreras was clearly a game in there favor. I can't say the same about tonight's match-up where I believe the Sox are the favorites.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 02:05 PM)
Yes, He had opportunity to do major dmg today and couldnt get it done.

Oh Major Damage. Sorry for your scale. Considering we have one run, and he plated it. I wouldn't say he sucked. But thats just me.

QUOTE (ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 01:06 PM)
Really, Eddie Bonine I don't believe we faced before. That usually equates to a miserable offensive performance for us.

Watch him mow us down and Colon barely get by in innings.

Bonine vs. Sox:

1 game, 2.2 ip, 6.75 ERA

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 07:07 PM)
The Tigers aren't exactly throwing out a great starter. So how about all of you b****ing just shut-up already (yeah, I said it). Verlander vs Contreras was clearly a game in there favor. I can't say the same about tonight's match-up where I believe the Sox are the favorites.

Wait, we're not facing Edwin Jackson tonight? That makes me feel much better, as I thought it was Colon vs Jackson.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
Verlander has had poor control and we still haven't been able to hit him.

Even with poor control throwing 95 and above he is hard to hit. The way to beat him, is to exit him from the game and play against their bad bullpen. We did a great job early in the game of raising his pitch count. The minute however we went behind we started hacking early in the count and basically have kept him in the game.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 02:12 PM)
Even with poor control throwing 95 and above he is hard to hit. The way to beat him, is to exit him from the game and play against their bad bullpen. We did a great job early in the game of raising his pitch count. The minute however we went behind we started hacking early in the count and basically have kept him in the game.

And when he has poor control it's a whole lot easier to raise his pitch count and get him out of the game. Yet here he is dealing into the 8th inning.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 24, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
I think it's safe to say that Verlander's bad luck against us has ended.

Verlander has had really good games against us before, and then come back and had a really bad game against us the next time.

Some of you guys need to relax. We are in this divisional race. A lot of you were saying we were done several weeks ago, saying we should be sellers.

With that in mind, take a deep breathe, because we still have a lot of baseball left.