Sox Acquire Jake Peavy for Richard, Poreda, Russell, Carter

Heads22

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
What happened to all the posters ripping Peavy calling him a "b***h" and "p***y" for not wanting to come to the AL earlier in the season? Change of thought because he approved this one?

Right here. J4L hides from nobody. I'm glad that I was wrong.

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
This is an overpay simply because it appears this package is better for the Pads than the original package. The first one was Richard, Poreda and Broadway. Carter and Russell easily have more value than Broadway.

Peavy is out for at least 5 weeks. KW overpaid.

Umm, no. Hudson was involved in the 1st trade.

QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
What happened to all the posters ripping Peavy calling him a "b***h" and "p***y" for not wanting to come to the AL earlier in the season? Change of thought because he approved this one?

I will own up to it...I was pissed. BUt now...happy (as long as he comes back healthy).

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 03:50 PM)
Just announced - Carrasco starting tonight.

Those outfield fans better be prepared for some incoming bombs.

It'll just be hilarious if, by the time Peavy is ready to pitch, we're 6+ out of first place and would have just been better with Richard; and then after the season worry about Peavy.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:45 PM)
This is an overpay simply because it appears this package is better for the Pads than the original package. The first one was Richard, Poreda and Broadway. Carter and Russell easily have more value than Broadway.

Peavy is out for at least 5 weeks. KW overpaid.

Hudson was in the 1st deal too. Not an overpay.

I guarantee that when the deal was rejected, when everyone was saying positive things about the other side, that it was agreed upon that if an NL club didn't offer by 2:59 they'd resubmit the same paperwork and Peavy would waive the clause.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)
the full effect will be felt in ST next year when the Sox roll out Peavy, MB, Danks and Floyd as the first 4 in their rotation

Yes, BUT WHO WILL BE THE 5TH STARTER? :lolhitting

Insert obligatory Danny Wright comment here...

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
Those outfield fans better be prepared for some incoming bombs.

It'll just be hilarious if, by the time Peavy is ready to pitch, we're 6+ out of first place and would have just been better with Richard; and then after the season working towards Peavy.

you can never predict what's going to happen in the future. What if the Cubs straighten out the ownership deal? What if another team or two get in it and the Sox couldn't get him.

This move isn't about this year and IMO wasn't really about this year in May. It's about having MB, Danks, Floyd and Peavy under control for the next 2 years

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 03:51 PM)
Cant believe Toronto wouldnt take 4 pitchers, 2 leftys , for Halladay-but now they are out of the league

No idea. Our package isnt good enough to land Halladay since he's better than Peavy, but put a decent spect in there and its a pretty good haul. Not great, but good for an arm that you are going to lose anyway.

I like the deal but I have a couple questions. Are the padres eating any salary or not? I thought u couldnt trade a player on the DL? Also we should make a quick poll just to see who is liking and who is not.

Edited by joeynach

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
I guarantee that when the deal was rejected, when everyone was saying positive things about the other side, that it was agreed upon that if an NL club didn't offer by 2:59 they'd resubmit the same paperwork and Peavy would waive the clause.

I think something like that probably went down. Peavy and his agent probably asked the Pads to get him in the NL if they could, if not he'd go to the White Sox. It's why people bargain for a NTC