Sox Acquire Jake Peavy for Richard, Poreda, Russell, Carter

Heads22

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (League @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:24 PM)
That seems like something that would've been mentioned. The deal was made in 37 minutes according to his agent, I really doubt that they discussed that.

Oh am sure it was discussed or at least known by all parties. That is a huge issue. But no one seems to know what the details are, and Cots doesn't show it.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 09:25 PM)
This is a move that IMO is FANTASTIC for 2010 and beyond!! Forget short term, we have bigger issues with this team than just starting pitching.

Buehrle, Floyd, Danks, Peavy....uh yeah, sign me up.

If we somehow scrape out a division title this year, we could still be World Series contenders as funny as it is.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:27 PM)
If we somehow scrape out a division title this year, we could still be World Series contenders as funny as it is.

I thought the Sox would be a tough out of any playoff with Floyd, Danks and MB, but if Peavy is healthy, that's a hell of a playoff rotation

Axelrod: "The improvement [on the ankle] is remarkable. No swelling, no pain, he's got a greenlight to withstand whatever he can withstand. He's throwing off the mound first thing tomorrow in San Diego. He could do a few more sessions and then a couple rehab starts and be ready to go."

Seconds ago on ESPN 1000.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
Axelrod: "The improvement [on the ankle] is remarkable. No swelling, no pain, he's got a greenlight to withstand whatever he can withstand. He's throwing off the mound first thing tomorrow in San Diego. He could do a few more sessions and then a couple rehab starts and be ready to go."

Haha. That sounds much different than what he was saying earlier. I hope its true, but I'm going with the assumption that we don't get much of anything from Peavy this year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)

makes this deal even better

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Jul 31, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
I think KW made this trade with the full knowledge that Peavy might not help us at all this year.

That is fine by me I would rather Peavy be 100% in 2010 than have him really screw up his ankle in some September starts! I will not give KW any grief If I do not see Peavy until 2010. :gosoxretro:

Edited by Soxfest

Wow. I was checking SoxTalk repeatedly from 2:00 to 3:00, then I stepped away to actually do some work, thinking that no moves would be made. Imagine my surprise when I checked again at 4:00. It's a good thing I was sitting down.