Angels @ Sox, 1:05 pm CST

lostfan

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 01:40 PM)
You must not have seen his play at 2B earlier this season.

I don't think SS is really Nix's primary position. He's a kickass second baseman though.

He was really reliable everywhere on the field earlier this year, it seemed to me. It seems like he's making a ton more errors everywhere lately. Could be just a result of being moved around so much.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
Assuming a loss today, since the beginning of 2006, the White Sox have a 307-290 record (.514 WPCT)

Over the same time frame, in 3 (and 4) games series in which they've won the first 2 (or 3) games, their record going for the sweep is 22-33 (.400 WPCT)

Might want to consider changing the f***ing strategy, Ozzie.

That's one hell of a stat............a very sad one.

Assuming a loss today, since the beginning of 2006, the White Sox have a 307-290 record (.514 WPCT)

Over the same time frame, in 3 (and 4) games series in which they've won the first 2 (or 3) games, their record going for the sweep is 22-33 (.400 WPCT)

Ozzie likes resting his players I guess.

Problem is, he does it way too much.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:44 PM)
Ozzie likes resting his players I guess.

Problem is, he does it way too much.

We are an older team. I dont mind how much ozzie rests guys. i just dont like how he does it all at the same time and always in the finale of a series.

I assume we got the bad Dotel today. Not that it matters.

We played great overall in the last seven games, but our record says we are pretty much a .500 team.

On to Cleveland series. Got to win 2 of 3 to keep this thing rolling in the right direction.

As bad as we are on occasion, the Twinks have been pretty darn horses*** this season. I'm still not convinced Detroit is that good, but they have a nice 3 game loss column advantage on us barring a rousing ninth inning rally.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
Sox have had two base runners since the walked in run in the third.

Wow did they pack this one away rather easily.

For the fourth time today I will say this game looks amazing identical to the July 9th Thursday afternoon game.

Every 3rd game of the series looks similar when we win the first two. Ozzie rests his good players and the players who play usually play like crap because they're probably having a mental off-day. Add in a bad pitching performance and there you go.

Every 3rd game of the series looks similar when we win the first two. Ozzie rests his good players and the players who play usually play like crap because they're probably having a mental off-day. Add in a bad pitching performance and there you go.

A mental off day? Well f*** them, then. Suck it up guys.

AJ can't play every day. Our back up catcher can't hit. Thome, Konerko, Beckham, Getz, Dye, Pods, Nix all played today and we still lost.

Edited by greg775

OK. So I'll guess that 2 game winning streaks are easier than 3 game streaks and 3 game streaks are easier than 4 game streaks.

So - what percentage of games overall do they win if they're already on a 2 or 3 game streak regardless of whether the streak started and ended in the same series?

Also - what does the rest of the league do after winning the first 2 or 3 games of a series?

Edited by wsgdf_2

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:52 PM)
Broadway. Thanks for the info. I wonder how he's been doing. He didn't thrill me like Clayton did.

Today's loss is all on falling behind 5-0. I didn't see it. I assume John Danks had a s***ty day.

you assume correctly. very s***ty.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 03:51 PM)
A mental off day? Well f*** them, then. Suck it up guys.

AJ can't play every day. Our back up catcher can't hit. Thome, Konerko, Beckham, Getz, Dye, Pods, Nix all played today and we still lost.

When the players see that the manager is resting some of his regulars, there's probably a change of mind in them as well.

Add in the fact that they know they've won the series and it's not totally crazy to say that they could have a mental day off compared to a regular day.