Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)
I'm shocked they're a better seed than the Gophers. I don't get that at all.

Florida has a little better RPI but that 30 point loss had to have something to do with it.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)
I dont see how Florida's resume is worse than Illinois'.

No quality road wins, same amount of neutral court wins. They have 2 (really 3 bad losses South Carolina is no different than Bradley or NW in terms of quality), Illinois has 4 bad losses. Illinois had two really good road wins at Wisconsin and at Clemson. Had good home wins against Vandy and MSU and a neutral court win against Wisconsin. Florida lost to South Alabama which is dramatically worse than any losses Illinois had.

I would hope they decline the NIT bid, but they won't. Maybe next year, Illinois will actually try in all of its games. They probably deserved to be in, but that's life on the bubble. Somebody always gets the shaft, and that's why you need to just take care of business.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 05:39 PM)
I would hope they decline the NIT bid, but they won't. Maybe next year, Illinois will actually try in all of its games. They probably deserved to be in, but that's life on the bubble. Somebody always gets the shaft, and that's why you need to just take care of business.

I seriously wouldn't be that pissed if Utah St. wasn't in, but them being in is laughable. That team played nobody all year long. There isn't a major conference bubble team that wouldn't have raped that schedule.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
You cant complain about being snubbed when you lose 6 of your final 8.

You might have played tougher games but you still need to win some of those.

Yes you can when its a f***ing loaded 8 games and Utah State didn't play a legitimate team all year long

Yeah, I don't think there should be an outcry. The bubble got tight on Saturday and that cost Illinois.

Lol, of course nobody points out that we played nothing but legit top 15 teams except for Minny and Michigan in that stretch. Lost 3 times to OSU, once to Wisconsin and once at Purdue when they had Hummel. Illinois had more top 25 wins than Cal, Utah St. and UTEP combined.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
Yes you can when its a f***ing loaded 8 games and Utah State didn't play a legitimate team all year long

I don't even know if Illinois was the last team out. I simply can't complain about them not being in, they had a lot of chances all year and did not take advantage. As bad as the bad losses are, blowing opportunities in the Ohio State game yesterday and the Gonzaga game at the UC are the ones that stand out in my mind as why they aren't in.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 05:42 PM)
Yeah, I don't think there should be an outcry. The bubble got tight on Saturday and that cost Illinois.

Utah St. has no business being in the tourney based on what they played and who they scheduled this year. They didn't schedule a single BCS conference team. That is absurd and I can't believe that got rewarded. Hell I would be less pissed if Virginia Tech got in over Illinois.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)

Cant reward teams for losing to better teams every night.

Might as well give Texas a 5 seed then.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 05:43 PM)
I don't even know if Illinois was the last team out. I simply can't complain about them not being in, they had a lot of chances all year and did not take advantage. As bad as the bad losses are, blowing opportunities in the Ohio State game yesterday and the Gonzaga game at the UC are the ones that stand out in my mind as why they aren't in.

f*** it I don't care about Illinois, Utah State making the NCAA tournament is outcry worthy

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 05:43 PM)
The Gophers definitely stole Illinois's spot. Sorry about that guys :P

You guys took care of business, did what you had to do to get in. Illinois burst their own bubble.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
The Gophers definitely stole Illinois's spot. Sorry about that guys :P

Nobody should be upset. Illinois should had tried in their home game against Minnesota had they wanted to be in. Or in the Bradley game. Or in the Utah game. Etc.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
You guys took care of business, did what you had to do to get in. Illinois burst their own bubble.

Meh, they beat an MSU team without Allen a terrible Purdue team and got waxed by OSU. They got in because they beat Illinois at Illinois so I don't have a problem with it though.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 05:45 PM)
Meh, they beat an MSU team without Allen a terrible Purdue team and got waxed by OSU. They got in because they beat Illinois at Illinois so I don't have a problem with it though.

without our starting point guard.

You can use that excuse for MSU and Purdue all you want, but we've had just as much of an excuse for the whole season (and definitely for Big 10 season).

I'm upset Miss St didn't make it. I really love watching them. Illinois? Did they deserve it? Probably. But if you took care of business like you should have, it wouldn't have been a problem. And I like the Illini, but they frustrate the hell out of me.