Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
I concur

Agreed as well, however, New Mexico has one of the higher probabilities of all the high seeds to get knocked off early imo.

New Mexico is pretty much a 5-6 seed disguised as a #2 seed because of their schedule.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arizona State in a lot of trouble right now, could be another bubble team going down in their first game, crazyness.

And even though UTEP pretty much has 0 quality wins this season, the individual size and talent on that team is quite impressive.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)
Arizona State in a lot of trouble right now, could be another bubble team going down in their first game, crazyness.

And even though UTEP pretty much has 0 quality wins this season, the individual size and talent on that team is quite impressive.

The Pac 10 doesn't deserve a single at large bid. The entire conference basically has no good wins (exaggerating I know, but there are almost no good out of conference wins).

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 07:59 AM)
Marquis Gilstrap's appeal for another year denied, and FoxSports reports Craig Brackins will turn pro.

Iowa State could be even worse next year. Sigh...

Brackins announced he'll go pro today and two more players (including the starting center) have announced they are leaving.

Keep doing a bangup job, McDermott. Back to three open scholarships for next year. Find a f***ing center and a scorer.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)
Brackins announced he'll go pro today and two more players (including the starting center) have announced they are leaving.

Keep doing a bangup job, McDermott. Back to three open scholarships for next year. Find a f***ing center and a scorer.

And now rumors surfacing that two more scholarship players could leave. That would be just super.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
Also, Gus Johnson should only be allowed to announce the last minute of NCAA tourney games that are close and nothing else. I find him irritating the vast majority of the time.

Enjoy hell, you bastard!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
I'm just going to say it, UTEP shouldn't get in with that loss today. They haven't beaten a single team that is going to get an at large bid this year.

I actually agree. They're easily one of the best 65 teams imo and they're better than all the bubble teams if you ask me, however, their resume is completely terrible and based on that alone, they really don't deserve to be in the field.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
Also, Gus Johnson should only be allowed to announce the last minute of NCAA tourney games that are close and nothing else. I find him irritating the vast majority of the time.

I've grown to agree with you ever since he started doing Big Ten games. He's a moron, and he's only really good in the closing minutes of tight games.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 13, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
I actually agree. They're easily one of the best 65 teams imo and they're better than all the bubble teams if you ask me, however, their resume is completely terrible and based on that alone, they really don't deserve to be in the field.

Right, don't deserve to get in but the probably will. They are fortunate to be ranked #25 at the moment.

But they have a potentially dangerous team in the tourney.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

BTW I'm going to say it again if Cal wins the Pac 10 should only get one bid. The Pac 10 is about equal with the MVC in terms of quality this year. A UCLA team that couldn't beat low majors consistently in non conference play and lost their best player finished nearly .500. Oregon and Oregon St. who are about equal with PSU and Iowa in terms of quality were very competitive. That conference is a freaking joke. Hell I'm not convinced Cal deserves to go if they lose this game. They would have one quality win on the entire season while having 3 bad losses.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

Seth Davis and Greg Anthony (not that they would know) had the loser of the Pac 10 title game out. Cal has a high RPI but reminds me a lot of MVC and other mid major teams that have been left out. Decent record but not great record haven't beaten anyone and have some bad losses.

Btw a great way to put the quality of the Pac 10 into perspective is that UCLA and Oregon St. both almost finished .500. Oregon St. lost by 51 to Seattle and UCLA was 3-3 against low majors.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

I think Cal is still in, and I also think Minnesota is in no matter what. The two teams that Lunardi currently has in over Illinois that I don't buy are Mississippi State and Virginia Tech. I think Kentucky will take care of Mississippi State tomorrow and Illinois will be ahead of them anyways, but Virginia Tech is obviously done in the ACC and I'm not sure how they are in over Illinois. Utah State really needs to win tonight at any rate, as does Kentucky tomorrow. If that happens, Illinois has to feel somewhat ok.

Edited by whitesoxfan101