Sox at Yankees August 30th game thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 12:46 PM)
Wow, these guys are absolutely horrific. Not only do Dye/Thome/Konerko suck, but we can add Quentin and Beckham to that group.

These guys just flat-out suck.

Shhhhhhh,you'll upset the masses here who have proclaimed Beckham a HOFer notwithstanding his horrific batting of late...

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 02:04 PM)
Ugh, it's so frustrating we tanked after the trade deadline. We could have gotten rid of Dye and Dotel.

People thought I was crazy, but I still thought even up to and on July 31st that we should have traded some veterans away. This was the scenario I thought, and feared, would happen.

Anyone else have little faith in Nix's at-bat right now? I admit I love seeing him at the plate, just not with RISP and 2 out. Based on absolutely no stats but it feels like he never comes through in the clutch

Edit: It's looking up, Hughes is a first pitch fastballer and Nix is Nix...

Edit2: Lame.

Edited by The Baconator

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 12:08 PM)
Anyone else have little faith in Nix's at-bat right now? I admit I love seeing him at the plate, just not with RISP and 2 out. Based on absolutely no stats but it feels like he never comes through in the clutch

Edit: It's looking up, Hughes is a first pitch fastballer and Nix is Nix...

Edit2: Lame.

Got a cookie on 3-2 couldn't do anything with it.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 12:04 PM)
Shhhhhhh,you'll upset the masses here who have proclaimed Beckham a HOFer notwithstanding his horrific batting of late...

The league is making adjustments to him. More high pitches especially with 2 strikes, plus maybe he's tired . Up to Gordon now to make adjustments .

I'd rather see Detroit win the thing than Minnesota. Go Tigers...

It was good to see Freddy throw a decent game. After the Damon home run, he really pitched well.

He looks like 06 Freddy.

Maybe he can be our 5th starter next year. Keep him around.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
Haven't we been told its nearly impossible to sweep a major league team even if you win the first 2 games of a 3 game series?

Only for crappy teams.

that was gone most ball parks, but that said...i can't believe how tiny this park plays....

the linebrink contract is up there with the contreras extension as one of few terrible kenny williams moves...eveyone around the league called us crazy when we signed him for that much and worse, for that long

Anyone who thinks just adding a healthy Jake Peavy to this team and bringing up a couple of minor leaguers and they will be WS contenders next year, probably should go live in Amsterdam.

At least the Sox braintrust can see who is mailing it in right now and lack the stones to contribute to a real contender. Hopefully they will do something about it besides make excuses.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
Can anyone in this f***ing bullpen come in and not give up runs..............ANYBODY! f*** I have had it .......KW needs to face the f***ing music also on this BS!

Hawk said KW was on top of it. I guess that means more Randy Williams.