Sox at Twins September 1st game thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)
Pena is god f***ing awful every time he pitches he gives up a run, people on this site defend him so be it, he f***ing sucks open your eyes!

He sucks.. he even came here with high era in national league. can't believe we traded for this guy, doesn't even seem like he's got potential.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
I don't even get pissed anymore over this crap....

Me neither. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to a game in progress now because I expect CRAP. I don't wanna get pissed off watching crap.

How do you lose these pitching matchups?

You lose games where you've got Danks and Floyd going against bums. Tomorrow we will lose again to another bum.

This team just has no spine.

I honestly think we need to clean house.

Konerko and Dye, for sure.

We need to change the attitude with this organization. I am tired of these mopey, quiet, self-doubting bums who allow themselves to lose the game before it even begins.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 10:02 PM)
How do you lose these pitching matchups?

You lose games where you've got Danks and Floyd going against bums. Tomorrow we will lose again to another bum.

This team just has no spine.

I honestly think we need to clean house.

Konerko and Dye, for sure.

We need to change the attitude with this organization. I am tired of these mopey, quiet, self-doubting bums who allow themselves to lose the game before it even begins.

I agree completely

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 09:05 PM)
I don't know about you guys, but I don't know how these players can live with themselves. I HATE losing, but to be honest, they don't seem to care. It'd be nice if we showed some emotion.

They don't care cuz win or lose they still get paid...

Pods and AJ are the only ones who seem to care IMO

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 10:00 PM)
Play ALL the young guys-the hell with these losers

Ground ball through the infield + ground ball through the infield + blooper over the infield and the Twins get their winning run.

This perfectly illustrates the primary reason why we lose in the Metrodome. It's not a baseball stadium - it's a track meet. Visualize a track circling the field, with the fastest team winning. Speed is what counts in the Metrodome, not how hard you hit the ball.

Almost any ball hit further than 200 feet that doesn't clear the outfield wall will be caught by the other team, if they have speedy outfielders. The way you score runs is to get runners on base by infield hits, ground balls through the infield, and bloopers over the infield, and an occasional home run. The Twins know this, and have shaped their roster and lineup accordingly.

The Sox in the past have been way too slow to win in the Metrodome. Tonight's lineup was faster than most that we've put out their in recent years, and we came close, but still the Twins got their cheap hits and run to win.

The good news is that when the Twins move to Target next year, and have to play on a cold, wet real grass field for much of the year, it will negate their speed, and their power deficiencies will become very evident. The batting averages of all their speedsters will drop by 20 to 40 points, and some of them (hopefully Gomez) will get cut. The Twins are going to have to seriously revamp their roster, or they won't be competitive at all in 2010. They will look as bad as they do when they come to US Cellular or play on the road, where they have a poor record.

Meanwhile, thankfully, there's just one more game for us there, and we get them for three more games on real grass, as God intended.