Fall of '09 television thread

BigSqwert

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
Come on. When he swings the club and the black feathers went flying, you didn't at least chuckle?

No

I'm struggling to remember a moment where I actually did chuckle. I did agree on his viewpoint of introducing people although it didn't necessarily make me laugh.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, having really enjoyed the original 7 that aired, I'm extremely pleased by this announcement.

link

'Southland' lives! Picked up by TNT, to air opposite 'Jay Leno'

by Ken Tucker

Southland has found new life and the home so many of us had hoped it would. Southland, cancelled by NBC when it scrambled its schedule to make room for The Jay Leno Show five nights a week, will air on TNT starting in January.

TNT announced this morning that it plans to re-air the series’ original seven episodes NBC broadcast, plus the six new hours that NBC ordered but chose not to air. Depending on ratings, TNT will order more. The cable network plans to run the tough cop drama Tuesday nights at 10 p.m. — opposite The Jay Leno Show. “This is a perfect opportunity for us to introduce the series to new viewers,” said Steve Koonin, president of Turner Entertainment Networks, in a statement released today.

So what do you think? Can Southland thrive on the same station that brings us The Closer, Saving Grace, and other highly-rated scripted dramas? Is this a good decision?

Me, I’m looking forward to seeing how those dangling storylines involving the officers played by Regina King and Michael Cudlitz play out.

How about you?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 04:54 PM)
Personally, having really enjoyed the original 7 that aired, I'm extremely pleased by this announcement.

link

NBC should have been smart and moved it over to USA. Since theres little difference between cable and on air programming anymore, why not take your drama productions that you've paid for and put it somewhere where it can succeed.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 30, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)
I was on Wes' side. I can not stand JOhnny and Kenny. They never have the guts to go into the elimination competitions and talk crap. Evan bounces around to anyone that will make him look good. He annoys me because he thinks he is funny but he is a loser.

+1 over here. Those guys werent even on a real work or road rules show, they are huge douches.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 02:43 PM)
1. Kelly Anne was hot on her Real World season before she got the implants. She didn't need them. She's got the ass of a goddess.

2. It's NBC. There is a reason that network is going in the crapper.

The implants are fine on her though, I like em, and that ass is one of the best out there, perfection.

QUOTE (SnB @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)
i've just discovered big bang theory...........awesome.

I hate that they moved the time slot. I loved that and HIMYM back to back. I haven't been able to catch it as much.