2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 11:39 AM)
It's logical statistically. Still a bit odd though.

How is Carpenter NOT #2? Hell, if I had a vote, he'd have been #1. I don't quite understand. Javy had an awesome year, no doubt and it's nice that he got some credit for it but Wainwright and Carpenter both had better years in my opinion.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 07:49 AM)
Apparently everyone loves the Cubs minor league SS Starlin Castro

Yup. I've been reading quite a bit about him of late. Seems to be the total package tools wise with unlimited upside. One of the guys at BA (I can't remember who) said that he believes Castro is a top 25 prospect in all of baseball.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 08:26 AM)
Yup. I've been reading quite a bit about him of late. Seems to be the total package tools wise with unlimited upside. One of the guys at BA (I can't remember who) said that he believes Castro is a top 25 prospect in all of baseball.

I personally haven't even heard of this guy other than a couple of weeks ago even he was getting hype. IMO, he's just another overhyped Cubs prospect who will probably be kept by Hendry 3 years too long. I've read about him enough however.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
If i'm the Blue Jays i demand Castro, Vitters, Colvin, Cashner, and Samardizja. And if they're so inclinded i might just ask for Marmol too. I don't think the Cubs have the pieces or the motivation.

They have the pieces. They don't have the money.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
I personally haven't even heard of this guy other than a couple of weeks ago even he was getting hype. IMO, he's just another overhyped Cubs prospect who will probably be kept by Hendry 3 years too long. I've read about him enough however.

Yeah, it's been the last few weeks or so that all the hype has really escalated. I'm a subscriber at BA and his name is always coming up during the weekly chats. I'm not sure if he's overhyped or not. But from what I've read, he seems to have legitimate skills and a ton of upside.

Castro had a pretty good first few seasons at rookie ball and A ball, with a short spell in AA. He is getting all of the hype right now because he started off the AFL on an absolute tear(In his first six AFL games (five starts), Castro hit .522 (12-for-23)), so now everybody knows who he is. Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 21, 2009 -> 05:17 PM)
Looks like Doc Holliday won't sign an extension with the Jays after this season. Jays will still get a nice haul, but probably won't be as "sexy" as say the one reported Boston offer was. Gotta trade him now or by the deadline it seems.

I know there's other teams in the running...but I can't fathom how the Dodgers can afford to not wind up with him. They've got the money to afford him, the talent to give up, and they desperately need a dominant RHP to lead off their rotation. The only 3 guys I wouldn't give up if I were them would be Kemp, Kershaw, and Ethier, and beyond that they're still quite stocked.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Nov 24, 2009 -> 11:40 AM)
Has there been any scuttlebutt recently about Damon juicing? Seems strange that he had the best year of his career at 35.

He's had similar years to the one he just had in his career. 1999, 2000, 2004, and 2006.

He also had a .915 OPS and 17 homers at home this season.

It seems that Damon is just a good hitter, and the new Yankee Stadium helped that matter even more.