Barry Bonds

rowand's rowdies

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe anybody would even joke about signing Bonds.

How old do you want to get?? How much slower do you want the team to get?

He's a gigantic turd and has not been in baseball a while for good reason. Have you studied Bonds' story? He is one gigantic prick, he is old, slow, and hopefully out of baseball forever.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 02:05 AM)
I can't believe anybody would even joke about signing Bonds.

How old do you want to get?? How much slower do you want the team to get?

He's a gigantic turd and has not been in baseball a while for good reason. Have you studied Bonds' story? He is one gigantic prick, he is old, slow, and hopefully out of baseball forever.

Absolutely correct, and I would add, not hypocritical of anyone who wants his sorry behind out of the game! Good riddance !

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Nov 26, 2009 -> 11:37 PM)
He's still the best player of our generation. It won't happen here, but he deserves his due. People are such hypocrites.

Really, that's like saying Ken Lay was the best Exec of our generation. I'll give him his due. He cheated to better stats than anyone else. :notworthy :notworthy When the cheaters line up, he's at the front of the line :headbang :headbang Congrats. And as far as being a hypocrite, I cannot think of any area I condone cheating.

A guy who has multiple nagging injury problems, hasn't played in two years, is probably coming down off a variety of chemicals which will cause an ascending rate of medical problems, has a strained relationship at best with the media and fans, causes problems with other players, is incredibly high maintenance for managers, and who cheated his way to being the poster boy for what is wrong with baseball?

Yeah, pass.

QUOTE (Tex @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 06:52 AM)
Really, that's like saying Ken Lay was the best Exec of our generation. I'll give him his due. He cheated to better stats than anyone else. :notworthy :notworthy When the cheaters line up, he's at the front of the line :headbang :headbang Congrats. And as far as being a hypocrite, I cannot think of any area I condone cheating.

And I'll bet you always go the speed limit too, don't you?

He was the best player of our generation even before the home run chase, and since his 5 mvps and both home run records, there should really be no debate on this.

There's nothing wrong with cheating if it translates to results. I wish our entire team was on undetectable ped's if it led to another championship. If you're not looking for a competitive edge, you're not trying. Have all the integrity in the world and lose 100 games a year - that'll show em. The game was better when eveyone was on drugs anyway.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 12:28 PM)

He was the best player of our generation even before the home run chase, and since his 5 mvps and both home run records, there should really be no debate on this.

There's nothing wrong with cheating if it translates to results. I wish our entire team was on undetectable ped's if it led to another championship. If you're not looking for a competitive edge, you're not trying. Have all the integrity in the world and lose 100 games a year - that'll show em. The game was better when eveyone was on drugs anyway.

I completely disagree, but you have maintained this stance for quite sometime so i will not even attempt to argue it.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 12:28 PM)

:lolhitting wow. Nothing wrong with cheating? Your parents must be so proud! I can't wait until you hear that from your spouse. :lolhitting

So why do they have a rule book? Do you really believe the game would be better if they threw out the rule book? That is what you are advocating by stating that cheating is ok. That is about the silliest idea I've ever heard around here. It's OK to cheat? Crazy.

Two guys are golfing, one guy plays it down, follows all the rules and scores a 5. The second guy uses a non conforming club, bumps the ball in the rough, marks his ball on the green then repalces it closer to the hole, and announces a 4. He calls himself the greatest player of his era because cheating is OK. :lolhitting Yeah, sure.

And my last traffic ticket was in 1978 for illegal lane usage. I moved onto the shoulder to make a right turn on red.

And I wonder, if he's the greatest player, why he cheated? If he was already the best player, was cheating necessary? Or did he have to cheat to be the best player?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 12:16 PM)
If we were actually looking at a DH that sat out last year I'd raher it be the Big Hurt. At least he is a fan favorite

Look character questions aside steroids lying perjury whatever. The fact remains the guy hasn't played in two seasons and he's 45. His career is over. If anyone thinks he is the answer to getting us to the world series you are nuts. This isn't a Minnie minoso cameo we are talking. This having the guy hit 4th on a playoff team? Name one time this happened in 100 years if baseball? This is a ridiculous thing to even consider

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 01:24 PM)
Look character questions aside steroids lying perjury whatever. The fact remains the guy hasn't played in two seasons and he's 45. His career is over. If anyone thinks he is the answer to getting us to the world series you are nuts. This isn't a Minnie minoso cameo we are talking. This having the guy hit 4th on a playoff team? Name one time this happened in 100 years if baseball? This is a ridiculous thing to even consider

Welcome to Soxtalk in the offseason, lol

I hope you are young and dumb and not too old to change your opinion on this.

Do you cheat on all your school assignments or did you at one time? Congratulations on your diploma.

If you have a kid who runs cross country (heaven help the kid, that sport sucks) would you condone him hiding in the brush and waiting for the group to return and have him sprint out front and win the race at the end if nobody could see?

In football do you condone him at the bottom of the pile smashing the other team's star player in the nuts or poke his eyes to get an advantage as long as he's not seen?

To save some money do you cheat and switch the tags on items?

Do you cheat on the wife after your honeymoon. May be a lot of fun, but it's not right.

Cheating is wrong. There is something wrong with cheating even if it translates to results.

Accomplishing something by cheating really stains the accomplishment. If you don't see that, I don't know what to think.

That said, like somebody pointed out, we don't need Minoso back and we don't need Bonds. Both are too old.

Edited by greg775

i don't see a lot of other good ideas. as I said in the first sentence of my first post, I'm NOT for it. just throwing an interesting thought out there.

for all you know it alls, what's your answer to our DH/RF?

and another old guy came back and made a vikings team older... *

*i hate that man with all the hate in the world, even more than bonds, just for the record

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 27, 2009 -> 02:14 PM)
I hope you are young and dumb and not too old to change your opinion on this.

Do you cheat on all your school assignments or did you at one time? Congratulations on your diploma.

If you have a kid who runs cross country (heaven help the kid, that sport sucks) would you condone him hiding in the brush and waiting for the group to return and have him sprint out front and win the race at the end if nobody could see?

In football do you condone him at the bottom of the pile smashing the other team's star player in the nuts or poke his eyes to get an advantage as long as he's not seen?

To save some money do you cheat and switch the tags on items?

Do you cheat on the wife after your honeymoon. May be a lot of fun, but it's not right.

Cheating is wrong. There is something wrong with cheating even if it translates to results.

Accomplishing something by cheating really stains the accomplishment. If you don't see that, I don't know what to think.

That said, like somebody pointed out, we don't need Minoso back and we don't need Bonds. Both are too old.

:notworthy Of course I agree with you. :aussie:

Perhaps it takes achieving something without cheating for some people to understand the difference. It was nice when I won my flight in my Club Championship, people knew my handicap was fair and I played by the rules. I could not imagine standing there knowing I cheated in any way. But clearly some people can stand there smiling, as if they accomplished more than the person who played by the rules. That seems about as fake as paying someone to applaud.

And Greg, I ran CC in college and high school. I loved it. No b.s. bounces of a ball. Hard work pays off.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 26, 2009 -> 07:55 PM)
Our catcher of the future is a roider, god knows how many others on the current roster and more than a few have gone through our organization in recent years including a couple from the '05 team. I don't think the Sox are all that clean.
So who do you think was juicing on the 05 team?

And Greg, I ran CC in college and high school. I loved it. No b.s. bounces of a ball. Hard work pays off.

I ran CC as well Tex. That's where I got the story of the guy hiding in the brush. One of my teammates did that. But he didn't win. He comfortably finished in about fifth place or so. He was better than most of us so we didn't turn him in or get mad. It was kind of funny. He'd also do that during workouts. Hide in the brush and after we ran a couple miles and returned to the brush area, he'd pop back in and run with us.

I figure if I competed in a sport, I had a right to blast it.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

As far as solution to rightfield/DH. We gotta resign Jimmy for DH. Pods/Rios/Quentin with Jones the super sub might not be horrifically bad.