Halladay to Phillies in 4 team trade

Nokona

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 17, 2009 -> 05:18 AM)
Well if it's 1-2 punches, I could see how the Sox would be left off. Let's face it. As much as we all adore Buehrle, he's not, nor has he ever been, elite. He's just very good. I'd take all those guys listed (aside from probably Hamels/Burnett) over Mark without hesitation. And Danks and Floyd aren't better than Burnett and Hamels, even with Hamels having an off year. Now if ESPN was doing top rotations overall and the White Sox were left off, then you would have a legitimate beef. And yes, the 2008 draft should go down as the best of the decade. And you didn't even mention Tim Beckham, Brian Matusz and, the guy who I believe will be the best player from this draft, Pedro Alvarez.

Eh, I've never seen Burnett as a top tier starter, and definitely think of Buehrle as better than him.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 08:18 AM)
Like I said, Burnett is probably the only guy out of the pitchers you listed I wouldn't take over Buehrle. It's real close.

I agree with your overall point but I'd definitely take Mark over Burnett and I'd also bet a lot of money that Danks will be our 2nd best if not best overall pitcher this season.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 01:29 PM)
I agree with your overall point but I'd definitely take Mark over Burnett and I'd also bet a lot of money that Danks will be our 2nd best if not best overall pitcher this season.

Mark's near pinpoint control gives him the edge on Burnett (who's always had control problems). And I agree with you on Danks. I feel he's primed to really bust into elite territory in 2010.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 07:48 PM)
Vazquez the number 1? :P

I hate you. Vazquez has been dead to me for a while.

To be fair, Floyd's ERA in his last 22 starts (which is cherry picking) was 2.97. Danks's was like 3.39, which is obviously good, but didn't have quite the same level of quality in regards to his peripherals. I just really think that Floyd is going to be dynamite next year, though I'm not going to be surprised in the least if he does essentially the same thing he did this year next year.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
I hate you. Vazquez has been dead to me for a while.

To be fair, Floyd's ERA in his last 22 starts (which is cherry picking) was 2.97. Danks's was like 3.39, which is obviously good, but didn't have quite the same level of quality in regards to his peripherals. I just really think that Floyd is going to be dynamite next year, though I'm not going to be surprised in the least if he does essentially the same thing he did this year next year.

Assuming Floyd is healthy, he's an absolute stud. I really think he had his best season to date last year. He was flat out filthy after his early struggles. And his ability to pitch deep into games is what I really like.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 01:32 PM)
Assuming Floyd is healthy, he's an absolute stud. I really think he had his best season to date last year. He was flat out filthy after his early struggles. And his ability to pitch deep into games is what I really like.

Those innings sure make a bullpen look better as well.