Who is your favorite MLB team outside the Sox?

Marky Mark

QUOTE (Sox72 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
It used to be the Cardinals until I recently moved to St. Louis. Now, I can't stand them. It's common to hear that they have the best fans in baseball. What everyone fails to mention is that they are delusional as well. One fan is intent on convincing me that Brendan Ryan is the best shortstop in the NL. I brought up a slew of other names but apparently was being shortsighted because I wasn't taking into account defense. Another was trying to convince me that Wainwright is the best pitcher in the NL. I guess there is at least SOME argument to that, but I hated the fact that he was saying he was a true MLB ace based on one season. And no one is worse than their sports-radio hosts. One week they think the Cardinals can't live without Holliday (when there are rumors that he'll re-sign), the next he is a huge detriment to the team (when he's rumored to sign elsewhere). I have to admit, though, that I've had a hatred for the this particular host after he said before the NHL season that the Blackhawks would miss the playoffs due to losing Khabibulan and the Blues would win the division.

Point is, St. Louis fans may be loyal but it's almost to a fault. (Whew.....glad I got that rant off my chest).

Go Giants.....what's not to love about a team that has had the likes of Barry Bonds and Jeff Kent on their roster. Plus, their GM always gives out the most fiscally responsible contracts.

My god that is true. When my brother went to Mizzou, I couldn't stand the Cards love.

When ever he wore his Sox hat people asked him if he wore it because he was a Cubs hating Cardinal fan, but wanted an AL team to root for. There were other things that annoyed him about them, like the aforementioned blind devotion. There was a thing about how the Cardinals should have won the 2005 WS, because they were the definitive best team in baseball that year or something like.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 10:53 PM)
My god that is true. When my brother went to Mizzou, I couldn't stand the Cards love.

When ever he wore his Sox hat people asked him if he wore it because he was a Cubs hating Cardinal fan, but wanted an AL team to root for. There were other things that annoyed him about them, like the aforementioned blind devotion. There was a thing about how the Cardinals should have won the 2005 WS, because they were the definitive best team in baseball that year or something like.

I forgot to mention my ex-girlfriend was a Cardinals fan. B****.

I can't say I root for any particular team but in the playoffs I'll root for the team that annoys me less...but I will NEVER EVER root for the Twins.

Except if they were to play the Cubs but really, I don't think I'll have to worry about that happening anytime soon :lolhitting:

There was a thing about how the Cardinals should have won the 2005 WS, because they were the definitive best team in baseball that year or something like.

I always find this line of thinking amongst the dumbest imaginable

If this matters, then why have the playoffs? There'd be no point to it.

and actually, if anyone should hate this sort of thing, it's the people who rooted for the 06 Cardinals and were later called undeserving. They won it!!! What more can one do?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 07:13 AM)
I can't say I root for any particular team but in the playoffs I'll root for the team that annoys me less...but I will NEVER EVER root for the Twins.

For some reason I cant find the Twins nearly as hateable as the Tigers. Or Indians. Maybe just because I've had worse experiences with the fans of the latter two.

Twins fans gave Buehrle a standing ovation when he set his record. You're not going to get that everywhere. Plus, with AJ stomping on Morneau's foot at first, and Game 163, they have more reason to hate us than the other way around.

Granted we have lost a ton to them over the years, but I guess I cant really get tons of hate up for teams that come in year in year out with their just-decent talent level.

Edited by Princess Dye

I honestly don't think I have one...

AL:

Yanks: Hate 'em

Bosox: Hate 'em

Rays: They're ok

O's: Insignificant

Jays: Who cares

Tigers: Hate 'em

Twins: SUPER HATE 'em

Royals: Who cares

Indians: Who cares

Angels: Meh

Mariners: They're ok

Rangers: Meh

A's: Meh

NL:

Cubs: Hate 'em

Cards: Probably like them more than any other team...almost

Brewers: Like 'em

Reds: Meh

Pirates: Love pulling for an annual underdog

Stros: zzzzzzz

Phils: Meh

Marlins: They're ok

Braves: zzzzz

Mets: Who cares

Nats: zzzzz

DBags: I live here and can't stand them

Dodgers: They're ok

Pads: actually like 'em

Rockies: Like them too

Giants: enjoy watching them

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 10:24 AM)
For some reason I cant find the Twins nearly as hateable as the Tigers. Or Indians. Maybe just because I've had worse experiences with the fans of the latter two.

Twins fans gave Buehrle a standing ovation when he set his record. You're not going to get that everywhere. Plus, with AJ stomping on Morneau's foot at first, and Game 163, they have more reason to hate us than the other way around.

Granted we have lost a ton to them over the years, but I guess I cant really get tons of hate up for teams that come in year in year out with their just-decent talent level.

This thought process goes against everything I've ever thought when considering the Twins. Their fans are, for the most part, knowledgeable, but it doesn't make them any less obnoxious. I can't stand how f***ing pesky they are. There have been times that they don't even have talent on their roster and they do well. I mean, Carlos Silva? Nick Punto? Those are two of the most boring baseball players talent-wise I've ever seen in my life.

And hell yes I hate them for beating us. The Sox had far more talent in 2003, and Torii Hunter pretty much single handedly ended Jamie Burke's career in Chicago (and he had been a damn good backup to that point).

I respect them as an organization for what they have done, but that doesn't mean I don't hate them.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 11, 2010 -> 03:26 AM)
I respect them as an organization for what they have done, but that doesn't mean I don't hate them.

Exactly, I respect a lot of Twins players (Mauer, Hunter when he was there, Santana when he was), but god I hate that club more than the Cubs. Below, me and a Cubs fan.

CF: Why do Sox fans hate the Cubbies so much? We concentrate on the Cardinals.

Me: You know the Twins?

CF: Who?

Me: One of the best ****ing run teams in baseball, and the Sox main divisional rival. Trust me, I hate them way more.

Also, back to respecting some players...

I wanted Santana in the NL, so I got my wish and I still like him.

I so wanted Hunter when he became a FA, and can't stand the Angels for swooping out of nowhere to snatch him.

I would either be a Brewers or Orioles fan. Brewers just have great fans, our the next closest team excluding the Cubs, and are huge rivals with the team I hate most(again the Cubs).

But on the other hand I used to live in Baltimore so it could go either way.

When I was ten years old my dad told me that we root for two teams; The White Sox, and whoever is playing the Cubs.

I still follow that philosophy.

My wife is a Yankee fan and I've spent two of the last three baseball seasons in New York, and I must admit I really enjoy going to Yankee Stadium.

Both the old and new. They have really great yet somewhat arrogant fans, who really understand the game, and take winning very seriously.

I like The Padres, because I went to all three games between the Sox and the Padres in '05. Great stadium, very friendly fans, many who told me how nice the White Sox fans were compared to Cub fans.

Also the Angels because of the way they play the game.