Pods to the Royals

sin city sox fan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
Honestly, the guy is trying to support his family.This was most likely his once chance to make some real money in his career, and he held out for it.

Sure, the gamble didn't pay off because the economy is in rotten shape, but I would hardly call him dumb.

I'd like to see how we would act if it were our wallets and our futures at stake.

I think my point is he thought he was better than he is.Although I have no factual info, I bet the sox offer was simular to KC's at least as year one was concerned. He could have been with a winner in a city he liked, on a team where the players liked him. I think he settled for the same amount as if he would have signed right here, which is the part where I think he was dumb. He is a decent value for any team at that price, and having him would have aloud us to get another relief pitcher without busting the budget. That said I really think he would have been happier here than there.

QUOTE (SockMe @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)
I hate that he went to the Royals. I have a bad feeling he will kill us everytime we play them.

were talking about going deep into the playoffs with this awesome staff yet were going to be worried about pods killing us? thats bad lol

QUOTE (G&T @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 05:42 PM)
Ugh. The very fact that the White Sox would be another option for his services automatically raises Pods' value. And in any event, Pierre is better and healthier than Pods. I don't see how having Pods would suddenly make them better than "one of the worst offenses in the majors."

We're projected for 87 wins and 182 HR's even with Jones as our DH. So, throw that worst offense thing out the window. We do need a upgrade, the kind of upgrade that Pods can't provide.

I've seen some good centerfielders struggle to adjust in CF at Kaufmann. The dimensions are a bit odd, and it doesn't help to have Jose Guillen to the right of you. This could potentially be a disaster defensively for the Royals. They'd be better off switching Dejesus to CF.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
I’ve seen some good centerfielders struggle to adjust in CF at Kaufmann. The dimensions are a bit odd, and it doesn’t help do have Jose Guillen to the right of you. This could potentially be a disaster defensively for the Royals. They’d be better off switching Dejesus to CF.

Cant be any worse than pods/dye

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 9, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
Oh NOW you guys like Scotty Pods.

Nope. Glad he's with the Royals because he gets a starting spot and he plays in the Central. His putrid defense and baserunning alone should lose the Royals 4 games by themselves, and when he regresses to a .270 average, he'll lose them even more games. I don't care for Podsednik as a player, because I've never thought he was that good, but he's given a lot to the Sox organization, and I'll be thankful of that.

Don't care for Juan Pierre either. Pierre can run the bases and field his position. He still can't throw though.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
Except Pods had an aberrantly good year and was healthy, neither of which are likely to happen again in 2010. And Pierre is a better defender. So, yes, Pierre is worth more.

Pierre had an aberrant year himself. The four years before last he put up a line of .286 .329 .359. Personally, I'd rather have neither on my roster next year.

Edited by gatnom