Soxfest 2010

Soxpride724

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
Some great quotes so far:

- Kenny says no Soxfest surprise

- Kenny says he wanted to bring in an ace so that Floyd/Danks can see what one does and how they go about the game

- Mark Gonzalez tweets that Jenks is in great shape and any negative feelings are past him

KW: "MBINAA."

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
Some great quotes so far:

- Kenny says no Soxfest surprise

- Kenny says he wanted to bring in an ace so that Floyd/Danks can see what one does and how they go about the game

- Mark Gonzalez tweets that Jenks is in great shape and any negative feelings are past him

yea, this was his quote, KW on Peavy - "Everyone has to do their part. ... I wanted young guys like John Danks and Gavin to see what a No. 1 looks like."

thought it was interesting, him basically saying buehrle isnt a number 1. great reading that jenks lost 25 pounds

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)
According to latest twitter feeds there was some Greg Walker bashing, Ozzie defending him.

Kenny said "there is always one more move to made"

Lots of a**-kissing everywhere.

Which is code for "We are not going to make another move."

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 07:51 PM)
Which is code for "We are not going to make another move."

I don't believe that. There are so many pieces in place with this team, yet a gaping hole at the #3 spot in the order. I still think Kenny has an ace up his sleeve.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
Kenny said their DH by committee is something the Angels have been doing the last couple of years.

How convenient. Their DH's put up a .767 OPS in 2008, a .706 OPS in 2007, .694 in 2005, .728 in 2004, and .751 in 2003.

In 2009, they put up .817 with Vlad playing in 93 games as a DH. Looks like a committee to me.

In 2006, they put up .850 with Tim Salmon (.816) playing 53 games, Garrett Anderson (.756) playing 45 games, and Vlad (.934) playing in 30 games.

In 2002, they put up .842 with Brad Fullmer (.888) playing in 90 games while Tim Salmon (.883) and Shawn Wooten (.773) combined to play 39 games.

On top of that, Scoscia is like twice the manager that Guillen is.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)

Hahahaha the best part of those pictures is how semi-fashionable pretty much everyone is...except Coop. I love that guy, he is the most no-B.S. man in the organization by far. And this is an organization that contains one Oswaldo Guillen.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
You would think entering his 10th season on the job, KW would want the Angels to want to be like the White Sox not the other way around.

Or at the very least, he'd want to mold his team after what the Angels have done successfully and not what in an area where they've been bad.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
Hahahaha the best part of those pictures is how semi-fashionable pretty much everyone is...except Coop. I love that guy, he is the most no-B.S. man in the organization by far. And this is an organization that contains one Oswaldo Guillen.

51801654.jpg

Caption this photo! :D

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 22, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
I got KW mad at Soxfest today! I asked about the failure of Sox draft picks and if there has been a shift in draft philosophy. He was quite terse.

I will give KW credit, he doesn't give the standard lines when he gets criticized, he come firing back. I almost think its to discourage anyone else from firing on him like pre-2005. I used to go to Soxfest just for those sessions and of course acquiring all the Liu Rodriquez baseball cards I could get my hands on. It seemed like as soon as someone started firing away it snowballed and a lot more people had the nerve to fire away as well. Usually the Friday's were all softball lovefests no matter what the state of the team.