New Roster Numbers

Heads22

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 26, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
I have a feeling Beckham really wants #6, I just hope I won't have to buy a new jersey now.

Also, I can't wait to buy an Andruw Jones jersey. It will go along with my Andruw Jones Nederlands 2006 WBC jersey.

#6 was available when he came up, so it must be unofficially retired by JR.

Boy, could FOXSPORTS put less effort into updating our payroll & jersey numbers. They are off 20 million on the payroll & they have Pierre as number 9. Maybe someone could check retired sox numbers before they put a number next to guys name... It's not the Yankees or Red Sox so go figure!!! De Aza has Apparcios #11 too!! I don't complain much about East Coast Bias, but thats pathetic

Edited by soxfan-kwman

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 11:02 AM)

thanks for that answer. I have trying to figure this one out for a while. No player has worn since a backup catcher in 80 or 81 and before that Orta.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
I thought Nix was #6? No?

Edited by earthshiner

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 27, 2010 -> 01:22 PM)
Those sites just transfer guys over with their old number. He's wearing 17.

This is the only place to check:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/team/roste...ws_toolbar_team

Our manager is #13. We have Luis Aparicio#11, Minnie Minoso#9. That is crap. Jermaine Dye is still on the roster.

I know white sox MLB is the place to go, but check the Yankees. Granderson isn't #28, he's #14!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody needs to tell Jeff Cox to give up #8. He's a third base coach, I can't stand to see coaches take up low numbers unless they have connection to it. In regards to number #17, it's one of the few available low numbers. Nobody was assigned #22, 31, 32, 33 or 39.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 30, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
Soxtalk official?

I'd go with it. It did after all spawn TCQ and Slayer (is JFP for Peavy official or not yet?)

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 30, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
Somebody needs to tell Jeff Cox to give up #8. He's a third base coach, I can't stand to see coaches take up low numbers unless they have connection to it. In regards to number #17, it's one of the few available low numbers. Nobody was assigned #31, 32, 33 or 39.

No kidding. He can take 88 instead.

• 4 weeks later...