Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 10:49 PM)
:lol: Ha! Haven't heard that one in a while.

Glad things finished well.

So to speak...

hah here i was not actually noticing that you're FROM Ireland. for some reason i had England in my head. my apologies. but i'll be honest, i got the expression from a Martin McDonagh play I did. :P

yeah went as well as it could have really, and i oddly feel a whole lot better than i did before. it's amazing how getting questions answered and knowing they're also going through hell can help

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 03:58 AM)
hah here i was not actually noticing that you're FROM Ireland. for some reason i had England in my head. my apologies. but i'll be honest, i got the expression from a Martin McDonagh play I did. :P

yeah went as well as it could have really, and i oddly feel a whole lot better than i did before. it's amazing how getting questions answered and knowing they're also going through hell can help

Glad it went well and you are content. Has she ever thanked her for getting her the f***ing job, though?? If she hasn't, I think she has some character issues and you are better off w/out her.

Welp, just put myself out there and sent a message to a girl I met while I was dressed up in my one-night-stand costume Saturday. Maybe I think too much, but I always worry about coming off as being a creeper by messaging a girl. I guess it's because I live with 2 girls, and they seem to judge any guy that is interested in them as a "creeper" (unless they are like, so totally hot, of course) and I am worried that all girls think like that, but f*** it. I figure I have never seen this girl before (that I know of), and I probably won't ever see her again if she isn't interested, so may as well give it a shot.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
Welp, just put myself out there and sent a message to a girl I met while I was dressed up in my one-night-stand costume Saturday. Maybe I think too much, but I always worry about coming off as being a creeper by messaging a girl. I guess it's because I live with 2 girls, and they seem to judge any guy that is interested in them as a "creeper" (unless they are like, so totally hot, of course) and I am worried that all girls think like that, but f*** it. I figure I have never seen this girl before (that I know of), and I probably won't ever see her again if she isn't interested, so may as well give it a shot.

Yeah, you're only a creeper if they aren't interested. If they are interested, you can be almost as much of a creep as is humanly possible and they will overlook it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)
Yeah, you're only a creeper if they aren't interested. If they are interested, you can be almost as much of a creep as is humanly possible and they will overlook it.

Heh, and that's what I hate with people of these generations. It's not movies where people think it's cute to like somehow, even if they don't like you back. Now it's either they are interested, or they are now creeped out by you. It's pretty much why I keep my interest in someone to myself until I can figure out if they have any interest back or not. I don't fear rejection so much as I fear making someone uncomfortable or freaked out.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Nov 1, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
S*it girls say to me .."I need some time before I date anyone. After being with someone for 6 and a half years it takes some time to get back into the dating thing. I won't even know what to do when it comes to dating, lol" ...3 days later...new boyfriend...haha my lifes a joke

translation: "I'm ready for new dick but not from you"

girls who jump from a relationship to a new boyfriend that quick are nothing but trouble. Usually turn out to be the needy, crazy stalker types.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 05:26 PM)
absolutely - all good advice - save the fat bird part... my ex is small skinny and hot. not sure i'd feel a whole lot better doing a fat chick. ;)

I was listening to an interview with a musician on the radio months back and he was talking about Gene Simmons. He was on tour with him years ago and I guess the night before Gene got with some girl who was Miss America at one point. The next night the musician saw Gene getting into an elevator with some pig. Next morning the guy asked Gene what that was all about and Gene's reply was, "You cant have filet mignon every night, sometimes you want McDonalds."

and the point of doing a fat chick isnt to make yourself feel better. while doing the fat girl, you should be thinking how repulsed you are of yourself for doing such a girl. Emo's cut themselves, real men drill fatties.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 04:38 PM)
Heh, and that's what I hate with people of these generations.

You think that type of stuff is just from "this" generation?

Pretty sure that's how it's always been dude.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 2, 2012 -> 02:41 AM)
Glad it went well and you are content. Has she ever thanked her for getting her the f***ing job, though?? If she hasn't, I think she has some character issues and you are better off w/out her.

it wasn't a job, just an audition (interview) - but yes she did. she's a very good person actually.

starting to miss her a bit - been a week and a half - but honestly it's still the right move. been throwing myself into Sandy relief work to keep busy. :)

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 06:08 PM)
I was listening to an interview with a musician on the radio months back and he was talking about Gene Simmons. He was on tour with him years ago and I guess the night before Gene got with some girl who was Miss America at one point. The next night the musician saw Gene getting into an elevator with some pig. Next morning the guy asked Gene what that was all about and Gene's reply was, "You cant have filet mignon every night, sometimes you want McDonalds."

and the point of doing a fat chick isnt to make yourself feel better. while doing the fat girl, you should be thinking how repulsed you are of yourself for doing such a girl. Emo's cut themselves, real men drill fatties.

hahaha fair enough, i'm just not sure i wanna be that grossed out by myself. i think i'd rather jerk it to madison ivy than screw a fat chick. lol

Girl finally responded on Facebook. Said she is "talking to someone" right now, but thought my message was sweet and she hopes to see my around at that person's house again. Oh well, I gave it a shot. I remember there being a guy that was touchy with her while we were playing pong, but I didn't know if maybe he was just drunk. Either way, glad I asked at least.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 8, 2012 -> 12:21 AM)
Girl finally responded on Facebook. Said she is "talking to someone" right now, but thought my message was sweet and she hopes to see my around at that person's house again. Oh well, I gave it a shot. I remember there being a guy that was touchy with her while we were playing pong, but I didn't know if maybe he was just drunk. Either way, glad I asked at least.

What was your message to her on FB? Did u ask her out or something?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 7, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
What was your message to her on FB? Did u ask her out or something?

Nah, I just told her she was really pretty and seemed like a cool chick when we were talking at the party. Told her I wanted to get her number, but we were having too much fun playing beer pong at the time, and she left before I could get it. Then asked if she was talking to anybody, and if she was, that was cool but I would kicking myself if I didn't at least ask. Blah blah blah. She is actually mutual friends with like 11 people on facebook, one being my cousin, so I mentioned after she replied back that I might run in to her again sometime since she is friends with my cousin. She asked who my cousin is, and that's where we stand right now. I'm not expecting anything but friendly conversation. Hopefully she asks my cousin about me and my cousin puts in a good word! (we all go to the same school).

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 8, 2012 -> 05:43 AM)
Nah, I just told her she was really pretty and seemed like a cool chick when we were talking at the party. Told her I wanted to get her number, but we were having too much fun playing beer pong at the time, and she left before I could get it. Then asked if she was talking to anybody, and if she was, that was cool but I would kicking myself if I didn't at least ask. Blah blah blah. She is actually mutual friends with like 11 people on facebook, one being my cousin, so I mentioned after she replied back that I might run in to her again sometime since she is friends with my cousin. She asked who my cousin is, and that's where we stand right now. I'm not expecting anything but friendly conversation. Hopefully she asks my cousin about me and my cousin puts in a good word! (we all go to the same school).

Good job. It was worth a shot.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 8, 2012 -> 04:43 AM)

If I was you, I'd leave it like that for the time being. If you start popping up in chats, she'll categorise you as needy or a friend. Just play it cool for the time being until next time you see her. If you're her type, you'll get your chance. If not, there's nothing you can do to change that and you won't waste your time investing effort and emotion in an ultimately fruitless endeavour.

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 08:04 AM)
If I was you, I'd leave it like that for the time being. If you start popping up in chats, she'll categorise you as needy or a friend. Just play it cool for the time being until next time you see her. If you're her type, you'll get your chance. If not, there's nothing you can do to change that and you won't waste your time investing effort and emotion in an ultimately fruitless endeavour.

yeah, I haven't said anything to her since last week. She has a boyfriend, so I don't want to try and push things.

Looks like we're gonna try to make it work. She still wants space, but also wants to be with me, so we're gonna try this newfangled concept called communication. You guys heard of this? Something about telling each other what we need and how we feel about things. Huh....wonder if it'll help.

Lol. But this is a good day. :)

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 09:33 AM)
Yeah, so that should keep you away just by itself

Ok, I take that back. She said she is "talking to someone" right now, but didn't say they were actually dating, and for what it's worth, her FB doesn't reflect it.

Either way, I've pretty much lost interest anyway. I usually give up pretty easily.

• 2 weeks later...