Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 12:42 AM)
Why arent there refs under the goal post?

I dont think that call was right, Ill take it but that seemed really wrong.

Yeah the lack of quality replays on that FG was annoying. I thought it was good too as much as I wanted it to be a miss.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
Glad to see Chiz pull it out.

Also, MS Paint review of Texas' season is the funniest thing ever:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread...iew-In-MS-Paint

review21.jpg

That guy's stuff is great! He's crude, but awesome. There's whole sets of pics on his blog.

http://prevailandride.blogspot.com/

NSFW cartoon penis warning.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 09:56 AM)
LSU lost to Auburn.

I'm guessing he means all of Auburn wins would turn to losses.

There is no way the NCAA would do that. If anything they would suspend Newton for the SEC title game and do an investigation on whether Auburn football program knew of the payday. The forfeit of wins would take place months down the road.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 10:10 AM)
Well there you guy. If Boise can't survive Nevada, there is no chance they run the table somewhere like the Big Ten, Pac10, or SEC.

Oh come on. So because they lost for the first time in 24 games to the 19th-ranked team in the country, on the road, by missing a chip-shot FG as time expired in regulation, that means they couldn't run the table in any of the power conferences?

I'm not shedding any tears for Boise, but that argument holds no weight whatsoever.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 10:19 AM)
Oh come on. So because they lost for the first time in 24 games to the 19th-ranked team in the country, on the road, by missing a chip-shot FG as time expired in regulation, that means they couldn't run the table in any of the power conferences?

I'm not shedding any tears for Boise, but that argument holds no weight whatsoever.

Holds enough weight for me. Go through OSU, Wisconsin, Iowa, and MSU in a season, and thats not even the best lineup of teams I could put together.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
Holds enough weight for me. Go through OSU, Wisconsin, Iowa, and MSU in a season, and thats not even the best lineup of teams I could put together.

One can absolutely make an argument that Boise could not handle the brutal schedules that can come about from playing in a traditional power conference. But the fact that they lost for the first time in 25 games, on the road, against a quality opponent in a difficult environment, by missing a chip-shot field goal at the end of regulation is not a particularly strong argument to make that point.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
One can absolutely make an argument that Boise could not handle the brutal schedules that can come about from playing in a traditional power conference. But the fact that they lost for the first time in 25 games, on the road, against a quality opponent in a difficult environment, by missing a chip-shot field goal at the end of regulation is not a particularly strong argument to make that point.

Its exactly the point. If they had a schedule full of quality teams, instead of just a few, that goes a long way towards proving that argument.

Holds more than enough weight IMO.

Boise's defense got worn down again last night. Just like VT did in week 1, Nevada ran all over Boise as the game progressed. Finished with 270 yards on the ground. Imagine what Wisconsin,Ohio St,LSU,Auburn,Alabama,Arkansas,etc would do against that defense. Hell, even Louisiana Tech's RB finished with 150 yards.

ESPN wants to tout Boise's great run defense. ESPN also likes to forget that Boise is usually so far ahead that teams dont run the ball. And the teams that do run are horrible football teams to begin with. Of course Boise will put up great defensive numbers.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 10:48 AM)
Its exactly the point. If they had a schedule full of quality teams, instead of just a few, that goes a long way towards proving that argument.

A schedule full of quality teams proves what argument?

For instance, Auburn won @ Miss St 17-14, at home against Clemson 27-24 in OT, and @ Kentucky 37-34. Had they missed any of those fg's at the end of the game, they could have lost, and therefore, under your premise, that would prove they could not make it out of a power conference undefeated, which is exactly what they have managed to do.

One close game is not indicative of the argument you are trying to make, especially considering the manner in which Boise blew that game.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 10:50 AM)
Holds more than enough weight IMO.

Boise's defense got worn down again last night. Just like VT did in week 1, Nevada ran all over Boise as the game progressed. Finished with 270 yards on the ground. Imagine what Wisconsin,Ohio St,LSU,Auburn,Alabama,Arkansas,etc would do against that defense. Hell, even Louisiana Tech's RB finished with 150 yards.

ESPN wants to tout Boise's great run defense. ESPN also likes to forget that Boise is usually so far ahead that teams dont run the ball. And the teams that do run are horrible football teams to begin with. Of course Boise will put up great defensive numbers.

Nevada is the 4th best rushing team in the entire nation! The 4th best scoring offense in the entire nation!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 09:54 AM)
A schedule full of quality teams proves what argument?

For instance, Auburn won @ Miss St 17-14, at home against Clemson 27-24 in OT, and @ Kentucky 37-34. Had they missed any of those fg's at the end of the game, they could have lost, and therefore, under your premise, that would prove they could not make it out of a power conference undefeated, which is exactly what they have managed to do.

One close game is not indicative of the argument you are trying to make, especially considering the manner in which Boise blew that game.

A quality schedule gives you more chances to blow games. If you are playing awful teams, you aren't having much competition to put real pressure on a team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 11:00 AM)
A quality schedule gives you more chances to blow games. If you are playing awful teams, you aren't having much competition to put real pressure on a team.

Absolutely it does. It also probably creates more injuries and exposes your weaknesses more.

But this loss to Nevada does not prove anything in regards to the argument you are making.