Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
He is the main source of the problems, he has always been a dirty recruiter. However, it extends to the academic side as well, and might even go beyond football. It's very, very ugly.

Damn, do you think Butch stays after this season? Butch is probably the best talent evaluator in the country and while UNC has been a thorn in Miami's side, I'd hate to see him leave and cripple the UNC football program.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 10:16 AM)
I don't think SIU wins, though who knows. I do think the Huskies will knock them off two weeks from now though.

How do you figure SIU doesn't win? We are the top team in 1-AA, Illinois is garbage. I would say SIU by 10 at least.

Basketball, it will be the other way around, big time.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 11:14 AM)
How do you figure SIU doesn't win? We are the top team in 1-AA, Illinois is garbage. I would say SIU by 10 at least.

Basketball, it will be the other way around, big time.

The top 1-AA team still doesn't have near the size or athleticism as a BCS conference team and Illinois should be able to run the ball all day against SIU with Leshoure. SIU can certainly win but I wouldn't count on it.

From what I saw last week, Illinois is probably better than last year. The Illini will struggle on offense, but the defense had quite a few pretty sound tacklers. This isn't a team that should lose to the likes of SIU or NIU at home.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 12:22 PM)
The top 1-AA team still doesn't have near the size or athleticism as a BCS conference team and Illinois should be able to run the ball all day against SIU with Leshoure. SIU can certainly win but I wouldn't count on it.

Having 9 new starters on defense is gonna make it hard on SIU, but i still think we can handle the Illini and pull out a win. I feel we have a much better quarterback, and I'm very confident in our running game. Lucien Walker and Shariff Harris (Pitt transfer) are pretty studly. SIU loves to play the short pass with Allaria and Evans but with Dieker's are we can always go over the top. I'll be there hoping for a close game and a Saluki victory!

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 10:16 AM)
Damn, do you think Butch stays after this season? Butch is probably the best talent evaluator in the country and while UNC has been a thorn in Miami's side, I'd hate to see him leave and cripple the UNC football program.

I don't think anyone knows at this point. Wednesday is supposedly the day when bigger news is coming out, we will see. I enjoy Butch Davis as a talent evaluator, I just never felt good about having John Blake on the coaching staff.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 12:22 PM)

I think the size and athleticism difference is a lot closer than you are willing to admit. Especially at SIU now, they have completely transformed into an upper echelon FCS team and a lot of FBS players transfer to SIU due to various reasons and excel.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 07:53 PM)
Boise looks good.

It has been more Va Tech sucking than Boise playing really well so far. A missed assignment on special teams results in one touchdown for Boise and a roughing the punter resulted in the other TD. That has a lot more to do with Va Tech making huge mistakes than Boise playing well.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 6, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
It has been more Va Tech sucking than Boise playing really well so far. A missed assignment on special teams results in one touchdown for Boise and a roughing the punter resulted in the other TD. That has a lot more to do with Va Tech making huge mistakes than Boise playing well.

Ehhh Boise is absolutely dominating the trenches.

Boise is a solid team, still think they would lose 3-4 games in a major conference. They had a bunch of calls go in their favor down the stretch which took away from the game significantly IMO.

Also, not surprisingly those were Big 10 refs tonight who are routinely horrible.

Edited by whitesoxfan99