Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)
Ocho Cinco said they would be like Bonnie and Clyde but TO is Bonnie and then TO has already twittered that Robin should get ready because Batman is on his way.. I can already see this working out well

Ocho Cinco tweeted a few days ago that he was robin and TO was batman so I don't think its a big deal. I'd try to find it but he tweets about 15 times an hour and that tweet is long gone.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 02:46 AM)
From reading his Facebook, Ochocinco appears to be really excited.

Yeah I'm not sure a situation like this could work long term, but I think it's possible the Bengals could catch lightning in a bottle for a year with it, and that's all they could hope for.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Hard Knocks starts on HBO August 11. Not too interested in the Jets simply because of the lack of personalities, but still watch.

I've never really seen the show, but now that I have HBO I am going to check it out.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
I've never really seen the show, but now that I have HBO I am going to check it out.

Last season with the Bengals was awesome

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 11:53 PM)
I've always heard great things about the series. Can't wait to finally check it out.

Great show. You'll probably end up finding someone to root for who is battling for one of the final roster spots.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Hard Knocks starts on HBO August 11. Not too interested in the Jets simply because of the lack of personalities, but still watch.

Rex Ryan will definitely have enough personality for the show.

Brett Favre retiring . . . again?

Brett Favre has informed the Vikings that he will not return for another season in Minnesota, the Star-Tribune reported Tuesday.

Favre has sent text messages to teammates saying, "This is it," league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Neither Favre nor the Vikings have confirmed the news but a press release is expected Tuesday, the sources said.

The Associated Press also reported that Favre is saying that he's not returning this season.

The Vikings' ownership is holding its annual meeting at training camp Tuesday morning.

This would be the third retirement for Favre, who also retired after 16 seasons with the Green Bay Packers after the 2007 season and one season with the New York Jets after the 2008 season.

Favre has been working out at his home in Hattiesburg, Miss., still rehabbing a surgically repaired ankle that was injured in Minnesota's overtime loss to the New Orleans Saints in the NFC title game. He has yet to inform the team if he will honor the second year of his contract and come back for another run at the Super Bowl.

Last year Favre told the Vikings he was not going to play shortly before camp opened. But he changed his mind a few weeks later, and went on to record one of the best seasons of his career despite having less than three weeks to prepare.

If Favre doesn't return, the Vikings' starting quarterback job likely will be decided in a training camp battle between Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson.

Favre threw for over 4,200 yards with 33 touchdowns and just seven interceptions to lead the Vikings (12-4) to the NFC North title and their first NFC title game since 2001.

Best thing that has happened to the Bears since acquiring Jay Cutler.

I won't believe he's retired until week 1 of the NFL regular season is over, and he did not play in it. Until then, I say this is a ploy to avoid training camp and/or get more money from the Vikings.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
It wouldn't surprise me. . . LeBron really stole his douche-thunder this offseason.

He'll have to do something extraordinary to out douche LeBron.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
At this point, I don't think the Vikings would care if he told them he was skipping training camp, they just want to know if he will play or not.

And if he's not going to play, now's basically the deadline to tell them, so that they can start working with Jackson on regular reps with the #1 team.

The Vikes management may try to entice him back, but the timing on this one reads "legitimate".

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
Just for the sake of conspiracy.

If Farve is "retired" for the 1st week or 2 and misses games, I do not believe that would count against his streak of games played in a row.

Conversely if Farve was "injured" the streak would snap.

I believe you are correct