Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 08:21 AM)
Or it's "You have to trade us enough to give up our starting QB" talk.

I dont think Elway wants anything to do with Tebow as his franchise QB. I think he would have traded the farm for Luck if he could have

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 09:46 AM)
I dont think Elway wants anything to do with Tebow as his franchise QB. I think he would have traded the farm for Luck if he could have

If he wants Luck and doesn't think anything of Tebow...then he ought to trade Orton this year and go with Tebow next year.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 28, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
Perennial dud of a RB, Clinton Portis, was released today. He will inexplicably still be drafted in first rounds of fantasy drafts as he has been for the past 5 seasons.

Perennial dud? Every season the guy has been healthy he's ran for atleast 1200 yards. Four seasons of 1500 yards.

Sure he's been injured the last two seasons and is definitely on the tail end of career but he's been far from a perennial dud.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 28, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
Perennial dud of a RB, Clinton Portis, was released today. He will inexplicably still be drafted in first rounds of fantasy drafts as he has been for the past 5 seasons.

Can I be in your leagues? Seriously

:lolhitting

Edited by Chi Town Sox

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 09:24 AM)
Can I be in your leagues? Seriously

:lolhitting

It's mind boggling how he gets picked early every year in our league. If he's on your team, you're likely not making the playoffs unless you have a time machine that goes back 7 years.

Any other losers watching the NFL combine?

Surprises for me so far ( Big Ten focused):

Martez Wilson ran a 4.44-Wow

3 Big Ten LB in the top 10 40 times for LB (1 SEC, southern speed)

Chekwa ran a 4.3

Dane Sanzenbacher showed more speed than I thought, top guy in the cone drill ran 4.5 40

Boren outlifted by several smaller guys

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)
Any other losers watching the NFL combine?

Surprises for me so far ( Big Ten focused):

Martez Wilson ran a 4.44-Wow

3 Big Ten LB in the top 10 40 times for LB (1 SEC, southern speed)

Chekwa ran a 4.3

Dane Sanzenbacher showed more speed than I thought, top guy in the cone drill ran 4.5 40

Boren outlifted by several smaller guys

I think Wilson will be a very good pro in 2-3 years, he really seemed to struggle mentally his first two years with the Illini than last year he matured a lot. If he can learn the game and anticipate better and not just rely on his freakish athleticism he could be dominating.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 06:40 PM)
is there some kind of roster bonus or something to justify that?

He was due like $10 mill this year, and he has never been much a rush linebacker. In a 3-4 defense, those types of players can be found pretty easily.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 2, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)
Anyone know why he busted with the Packers? I expected him to be where Clay Matthews was at this year, but he never panned out.

I think he is just overshadowed by Clay Mathews. He led the team in tackles this season and had 3 interceptions. He didnt really bust, he just was due a big bonus thay the packers didnt want to pay

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 3, 2011 -> 09:04 AM)
Say what you want about Tommie Harris's play, he always seemed to be a fun, good guy. Opened the paper this morning and saw this full page ad.

Definitely a classy move... I hate that injuries pretty much killed his effectiveness b/c Harris was so much fun to watch from '04-'06.