2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training

justBLAZE

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
Santo Luis should also be fun to watch for JPN with his K numbers, though who knows how he'll manage jumping a level.

I'm not that optimistic. 26, first time above A ball, second organization. His numbers from Winston-Salem in 2009 are not encouraging. I think he has control issues as well. I wouldn't be surpirsed if either Bellamy or Remenowsky take the closer job from him if one or both of them are in B'ham. Luis couldn't hold onto the closer role in 2009.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
Correct. And we also have 2 other backup OF's.

Yeah, the Sox want another IF, not a 5th OF. De Aza will start in Charlotte, and be called up if Kotsay or Jones are injured.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
Being released I think rules that out.

No, I don't think it does. It means the player is free to sign wherever since they are not on the 40-man or under current contract... but it does not rule out the Sox signing them as minor leaguers who are not on the 40. At least, I think that is how it works.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
I know Nix is out of options, but De Aza is more of an Ozzieball fit.

Both of the DH's can play the outfield but Vizquel is our only backup infielder. Keeping Nix adds more flexibility and guards against relying too heavily on Vizquel. Not to mention: I really don't think De Aza is good enough to risk losing Nix through waivers, Alejandro's a pretty mediocre ballplayer who I'm not sure adds much to the tam aside from pinch running duties.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 01:49 PM)
Oh well the Cabrera experiment is over. I bet he gets picked one more time b4 the year is over. I don't think he wants to hang it up.

He'll end up in someone's minor league system at least, unless his shoulder is shot or something.

He'll end up in someone's minor league system at least, unless his shoulder is shot or something.

Yeah but you say he is not pitching at over 90 MPH on the fastball. Maybe he has lost it completely. Tha tis really the only plus pitch he had left with control of course.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
Yeah but you say he is not pitching at over 90 MPH on the fastball. Maybe he has lost it completely. Tha tis really the only plus pitch he had left with control of course.

That could also be Cabrera trying to use Cooper's style of pitching and it not working ala Nick Massett.